• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Marudase Kintarō Boys-Love Anime to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTM108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:53 pm Reply with quote
We deal with a glut of anime of horrible quality and animators worked to the bone, and instead of doing the right thing as an industry and consolidating around less projects a year of higher quality which would make more money, the world gets Kenshiro’s twinkling anus plummeting towards a gay high school kid’s face. Great use of resources here.
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:03 am Reply with quote
So, you haven't seen this, have no intention to, and are basically singling it out as "the problem with the anime industry" because...?

Marudase Kintaro is a completely over-the-top spoof of old-school BL, and having actually seen this OAV, I'm fairly certain that everyone involved, from the actors to the animators, had an absolute blast working on it. That's more than enough reason for it to exist in my book.

EDIT: Assumed bias removed.

Last edited by wolf10 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
MisaoFan
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:20 am Reply with quote
DTM108 wrote:
We deal with a glut of anime of horrible quality and animators worked to the bone, and instead of doing the right thing as an industry and consolidating around less projects a year of higher quality which would make more money, the world gets Kenshiro’s twinkling anus plummeting towards a gay high school kid’s face. Great use of resources here.

I've seen this kind of post in threads of otaku/fujoshi pandering shows several times before. At this point I got fairly desensitized to it.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I watched this with some friends a few weeks back and it was a blast. It's absolutely meant as a parody.

Also it's only 10 minutes long, so less resources were used on it than your typical feature film/tv series. Why not go attack one of those instead?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
So, you haven't seen this, have no intention to, and are basically singling it out as "the problem with the anime industry" because gay stuff makes you personally uncomfortable?

That's not what they said, so how about not putting words in people's mouths and jumping to your own conclusions about other people.
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
wolf10 wrote:
So, you haven't seen this, have no intention to, and are basically singling it out as "the problem with the anime industry" because gay stuff makes you personally uncomfortable?

That's not what they said, so how about not putting words in people's mouths and jumping to your own conclusions about other people.
You're right. I'm sorry. They were only suggesting that creating homosexual content was not "the right thing" for the anime industry, not that they had any personal bias against it. I will endeavor to refrain from making such hasty judgements in the future.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Once again that is not what they said. You are again inserting your own opinions and assumptions to prove this point of yours. They simply said (DTM108 can correct me if I am wrong) that instead of making better quality anime we are getting a twinkling butthole flying towards a gay character's face. That says nothing about creating homosexual content as a whole (no pun intended) being detrimental to anime or anything like it. Simply that, in this specific instance, we have a sparkling butthole literally flying at a character, who simply happens to be gay. Whether or not the character is gay is meaningless. We still have reached the point of a twinkling and sparkling butthole flying at a character. And it's not the only time in the past year we've had an anime do this sort of thing. That's setting the bar really damn low, and really is a waste of time and resources when there are far better stories that could be adapted into an anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1