• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Judgment Looms

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Nothing about the new Lost Soul Aside footage?
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope Judgment stays as action game rather than turning RPG like Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon. The latter had a lot of forced grinding stuff and bad moves the party like instant game over if Ichiban dies or the fact that he has to heal other members since he can't recover magic power unlike the others. I ragequitted a lot in Like a Dragon though it might mean Sega needs to tweak the material from their new system.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote
This Judgment port and potential sequel represent two more chances for the orange parka. I'll be very sore if SEGA winds up striking out here.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Judgment, and I think it’s smart of them to keep their spin-off series more in line with a “typical” Yakuza game while going hog wild and experimental with the main one. I definitely wasn’t expecting a sequel announced so soon, though.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
I hope Judgment stays as action game rather than turning RPG like Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon. The latter had a lot of forced grinding stuff and bad moves the party like instant game over if Ichiban dies or the fact that he has to heal other members since he can't recover magic power unlike the others. I ragequitted a lot in Like a Dragon though it might mean Sega needs to tweak the material from their new system.

That’s typical JRPG bullshit though.....except the healing part.
zero-r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:05 pm Reply with quote
You guys are missing tons of gaming news... These aren't even the best and most noteworthy news that happened during this week. C'mon.

Well, whatever...
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:04 am Reply with quote
Success studio! I remember Cotton! I remember her because she had a guest appearance in Success's attempt at aping Fire Emblem, Rondo of Swords. Success also made the Izuna the Unemployed Ninja games! I miss those.
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:47 pm Reply with quote
zero-r wrote:
You guys are missing tons of gaming news... These aren't even the best and most noteworthy news that happened during this week. C'mon.

Well, whatever...

Care to elaborate? Because frankly, I'm not interested in posting Returnal launch trailers and Rachet and Clank PS5 footage, or Mario Party/Monster Hunter Rise updates that are already out and you can read about pretty much anywhere else. If I don't have anything interesting to say about it, I usually don't cover it.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Zero-chan wrote:
zero-r wrote:

Well, whatever...

Care to elaborate? Because frankly, I'm not interested in posting Returnal launch trailers and Rachet and Clank PS5 footage, or Mario Party/Monster Hunter Rise updates that are already out and you can read about pretty much anywhere else. If I don't have anything interesting to say about it, I usually don't cover it.

Lost Soul Aside by Yang Bing got Re Revealed as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1