• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Penguindrum Crowdfunding Campaign Ends With Over 105 Million Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Bird_Black

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm so disappointed I couldn't get any of the merch, but it's great that they raised so much money! Can't wait to see how the movie turns out.
kamui85

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:10 pm Reply with quote
how about they re license the blu ray release or better yet, make a new anniversary one. sentai film works didn't print enough of the second set and now they cost $500. Also Penguindrum is the sole successor to utena in my book, yurikuma while close does not deserve that tittle, and sarazanmai while having a cool concept the exception was horrendous
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see what Ikuhara does with all that money, and I'm ready for it.

Also please Sentai, re-release the Penguindrum blu-ray already. The show is one of my all-time favorites and even if the dub is awful, I would like to own the show itself pretty please. Crying or Very sad
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Although the film is just a compilation film, I am still glad to see fans staying strong after an entire decade because it is important to show the importance of crowdfunding, even if it doesn't really work in most circumstances.

If it allowed overseas contribution then it probably would have met its goal in 2 minutes instead of 3.

I am not necessarily the biggest fan of the show, but it does have a very special place in my heart. I always mention it if people ask for more eccentric shows that are not the mainstream shows everyone knows.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 1:33 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see what this means for Penguindrum's future! I'm also hoping Sentai will do a re-release. I'd like to complete my home video collection of Ikuhara works.

KitKat1721 wrote:
The show is one of my all-time favorites and even if the dub is awful, I would like to own the show itself pretty please. Crying or Very sad

What's so bad about the dub? I've only seen clips, but what I saw seemed better than Utena's dub, at the very least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1