• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BEASTARS Anime Gets New Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am Reply with quote
Between its popularity and the manga having concluded last year, figured a new season was inevitable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:12 am Reply with quote
Also worth mentioning that there's a new copyright for Beastars and that it's now being referred to a "Netflix anime series" rather than a TV anime series

Source: https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1417510325528633353?s=21
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:23 am Reply with quote
Yes! Glad they announced season 3 cos I was concerned by the lack of cliffhanger like the one season 1 had
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:50 am Reply with quote
Nicely timed with season 2 just releasing on Netflix.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I certainly wasn't expecting this, considering the manga was concluded last year, and the way the second season ended sort of worked as an overall conclusion to the anime, even though it only covered about half of the source material.

It's great news that Orange is still working on it, but I'm intrigued by the fact that they announced a new "arc" rather than a "season". Could it mean that, instead of a regular 12-episode season, they're just going to make however many episodes are needed to adapt the next arc from the manga?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
This 2nd half of the manga is just one arc and it goes bad pretty severely towards the end so I am done. The anime did 11 volumes and 2 chapters within 24 eps and it still has 10 3/4 volumes to go. Orange can go as is or vomit it all out in 1 cour like The Promised Neverland. Hm.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I mean is there any hope of the anime rewriting the manga a bit to make it work better?

As some other people have referenced, I am pretty sure that this is defiantly a netflix decision to me. They more then likely already had it in the books and started on it, But apparently netflix liked the numbers it was seeing for season 2 and decided to shell out for more to happen.

Worst comes to worst we will be getting some new ops and eds that will still probably be fantastic
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1