• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix's Bright: Samurai Soul Anime Film Reveals Promo Video, Cast, October 12 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Hey that's pretty good
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Who the hell wanted another Bright film? It did good numbers when it came out,but most people didn't seem care for it. It's been forgotten,until this was announced.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Who the hell wanted another Bright film? It did good numbers when it came out,but most people didn't seem care for it. It's been forgotten,until this was announced.

Streaming services are about churning out content, not making sure anybody wants that content.
Rentwo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

Maybe the studio thought the universe had potential or its a personal favorite of theirs. I'm not a fan of CG but it looks somewhat interesting at least.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

You could easily ignore the name and just insert anything else. This is basic samurai fantasy and being part of the "Bright" universe really means little in this case. This is also hardly another "Bright" film at all just due to the genre difference. As for wanting another actual film in the Bright series, I'll take one. Thanks.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Had to take a minute to realize this was in the same realm as the Will Smith Netflix film.

It looks okay. The animation and facial movements seemed kind of off at times but not the worst I've seen.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 am Reply with quote
I remember the announcement about this film ages ago the Bright film was decent for what it was. I may re-visit the film sometime soon this could be interesting. I've had a netflix account for over a decade so naturally I'll be watching this film at some point.
chronium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

This was announced not long after the movie came out. Since it's a original IP and not a adaptation it makes sense this would have a longer pre production period while the animating would have only been a year or two.
MagicalWendy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:26 am Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:

This was announced not long after the movie came out. Since it's a original IP and not a adaptation it makes sense this would have a longer pre production period while the animating would have only been a year or two.

This was only announced this year. What you're talking about is the live-action sequel to the original movie.
chronium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:40 pm Reply with quote
MagicalYuuki wrote:
chronium wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:

This was only announced this year. What you're talking about is the live-action sequel to the original movie.

That was the official announcement they said they were going to a anime production way back when they announced the movie sequel or a bit later because of the movie delays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1