• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Bungō Stray Dogs: Beast Film's English-Subtitled Teaser Unveils More Cast, Staff,

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 am Reply with quote
Weird they start with an alternate universe rather than the original to generate a major contrast. Newcomers won't understand some characters and why spoiler[Dazai kills himself in the ending]

At least the designs are faithful to the ones from the light novels.
Anne F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:34 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Weird they start with an alternate universe rather than the original to generate a major contrast. Newcomers won't understand some characters and why spoiler[Dazai kills himself in the ending]

At least the designs are faithful to the ones from the light novels.

If by original you mean when Atsushi joins the ADA n' all that, then a lot of it has already been adapted. Just not as a movie. This will be the first movie adaption. The article didn't mention the previous plays, just that many of the cast is reoccurring from the stage plays. What's already been adapted is the start of the story, Dark Era, the Guild arc, the Dazai entrance exam/Untold origins of the Detective agency light novels (this was one play), Dead Apple, and then Dazai, Chuuya: 15 years old will be premiering in October. So if newcomers want to see the original, they have the opportunity to watch the previous plays on at least dvd/bd. Not sure if they're on a streaming service currently.

If that's not what you meant, then I apologize.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1