• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Cosmonaut Anime Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Explained in Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anstar019

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:34 am Reply with quote
MAN, HE TALKS FAST, huh

What's the point of a commercial if the person listening can't hear properly what you are saying.

It feels like those insaurance ads warning that the computer voice says so fast that a normal can't clearly commprehend the message.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote
I wish Hayashibara had more main roles post 90s.
TsukimoriKyouki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Does she ever go out to space? Just being out should melt her face. Vampires in space is an idea that never because if you can see, there's light from a star that would kill the vampire...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I wish Hayashibara had more main roles post 90s.

I think it's pretty amazing she got reprise Anna and gets to be a female lead again here.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm Reply with quote
TsukimoriKyouki wrote:
Does she ever go out to space? Just being out should melt her face. Vampires in space is an idea that never because if you can see, there's light from a star that would kill the vampire...

Vampires can see the stars even from Earth's surface, and it doesn't harm them (if story canon even has them burn in sunlight). Being on low-Earth orbit shouldn't make a difference in anything.

(Considering Earth's diameter is 13000km rounded, and the ISS orbits at 400km height, that's around 3% of diameter. Take something spherical like an orange and consider how far away 3% of its diameter is from its surface.)

OTOH, stars are all stars and the Sun is a star, which implies the burning is supernatural in its nature. So one could reasonably ask, is it enough for the Sun to merely witness a vampire to make them burn? An astronaut vampire would then burn as soon as they were out of Earth's shadow, being in plain sight of the sun (a spacesuit or a rocket capsule notwithstanding).

In unrelated matter, I suppose this is the sixties Space Race reimagined, between not!USSR and not!USA. The vehicles in the video look very directly derived from Soviet stuff of the era.
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:34 pm Reply with quote
anstar019 wrote:
MAN, HE TALKS FAST, huh

What's the point of a commercial if the person listening can't hear properly what you are saying.

It feels like those insaurance ads warning that the computer voice says so fast that a normal can't clearly commprehend the message.

Can't tell if serious

As someone who's only semi-fluent in Japanese from watching anime and livestreams etc., he's perfectly understandable.

As for vampire/light debate: moonlight is just reflected sunlight. Maybe it's the UV/polarity/solar radiation/intensity/whatever that actually matters more than just a binary choice of sunlight=death, no sunlight=safe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1