• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Corpse Party Remake Game Heads West on October 20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smeagol_17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
No, the original NEC game was not released in the west. This is just a localization of the newest console port of the remake, with new chapters, like the 3ds port before it. And the new audio is relative to the original PC version of the remake, (which XSEED also released on April 25, 2016, and which you probably confused with the original), not relative to the NEC original, which is unvoiced.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Sort of figures, I ended up picking it up on the Japanese eShop awhile back because of how long they were taking to release it and it having an English option anyway.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh good, they're not using the pseudo-chibi remake graphics.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:25 pm Reply with quote
So if I've already started the psp version, is there any merit to getting this one instead and restarting? I only did a couple of playthroughs (with bad endings)
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
So if I've already started the psp version, is there any merit to getting this one instead and restarting? I only did a couple of playthroughs (with bad endings)

the 3DS added a couple of Wrong Ends and EX Chapters(including some that were exclusive to the original PC version of Blood Covered)and the Switch/PS4 version added a couple more on top of that.It is this version that is coming out and it is now the definitive version of the game to play so, yeah,get it.
It also marks the first time the updated console version gets released on PC
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1