• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FuRyu's Trinity Trigger Fantasy Action RPG Launches on September 15

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artemis X

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:45 am Reply with quote
Hmm I don't know. It looks good in theory but since the developer has not really produced anything substantual to write home about and this could easly be another one of those independant produced steam projects, i might just pass on this one. JRPG's has just really become such an oversaturated genre these days with everyone trying there hand at producing stuff on the same level as certain iconic and popular franchises like Legend of Zelda, the Mana series, Ys Series and Tales of, but ultimatly fail because its substance over quality. I deffinitly won't hold it to the standards of higher quality writer, more ambitous story and characters like some games that veteren designers and developers with years upon years of experience have. It may be fun as like a Phone game or something, but I would not put it on the same pedestal as the greats of jrpgs. As long as my expectations are not to high, it could be midly entertaining.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a cute action JPRG!
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I really wanna see one of FuRyu's RPGs being successful. So far, they always feel lacking from the gameplay side.

This evokes strong memories Secret of Mana. I should try this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1