• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gackt Slowly Recovers From Sickness, Aims to Return This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAnthonyAuld

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The medical institutions noted that Gackt's current immunodeficiency and autoimmune condition are still affecting Gackt with dermatitis and alopecia, and he is currently undergoing stem cell treatment. He is also still suffering from impaired liver and respiratory function, fever, pain, and impaired usage of vocal cord

I'm not a medical practitioner, but my first though after reading that was, "Is he dying?" Now after reading the article again I am now wondering a different question.

"Are they rushing him back to work?"

I mean if he isn't 100% healthy then I don't want him near any stage preforming. this sounds really bad no matter how his agency's press release phrases it.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:12 am Reply with quote
TAnthonyAuld wrote:
"Are they rushing him back to work?"

I mean if he isn't 100% healthy then I don't want him near any stage preforming. this sounds really bad no matter how his agency's press release phrases it.

I was actually thinking that it might be that HE is the one wanting to rush back to work. Considering all the types of projects Gackt's been involved with over the years, I got the impression that he really enjoys performing and may just miss doing it. I've known plenty of entertainers that mainly live for the applause at the end of a show and grow quite despondent between gigs.

He may also be afraid that he will soon progress to a level where he won't be able to use his voice professionally (like with Val Kilmer's battle with throat cancer), and wants to do as much as he can while he still can. I can't really fathom how truly devastating that must feel to a person known best as a singer.

It's absolutely awful what he's going through. It sounds like he has the help of a solid medical team supporting him, but it does give me the vibe of a bunch of doctors on standby for a boxer in the ring. I just hope he takes his time and doesn't do too much, too soon. Wishing you the best, Gackt.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:05 am Reply with quote
I'm glad he's at least recovering and I hope he doesn't push imself too far before he's physically ready.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
I was actually thinking that it might be that HE is the one wanting to rush back to work. Considering all the types of projects Gackt's been involved with over the years, I got the impression that he really enjoys performing and may just miss doing it. I've known plenty of entertainers that mainly live for the applause at the end of a show and grow quite despondent between gigs.

Honestly, based from what I read... it does sound that he is the one wanting to get back to work. I mean he has immunodeficiency and an autoimmune condition. That isn't something... fast to recover from. In the end, I want him to get better, and I'm glad that he's taking care of himself. His music has been part of my childhood and I do miss his music but... health over career always. Smile
phantom360

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Damn his condition is way worse than i thought. I hope he fully recovers from this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1