• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Airs My Hero Academia Season 6 Anime on December 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:56 am Reply with quote
It's the 3rd not the 5th.
David Matoushek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:57 am Reply with quote
Good to know that even during the Crunchyroll takeover, Toonami still gets the rights to air the latest season on TV. Also, I believe that the date is supposed to be December 3rd, not 5th. The 5th would fall on a Monday.
James02

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:18 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
It's the 3rd not the 5th.

It's technically the 4th since it's on Sunday.
Zefram

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Called it! I knew that the moment Toonami started rerunning MHA season 5 starting from episode 21(!) that they were planning to air Season 6. They did the same thing with Made in Abyss prior to season 2, only since it was only 1 short cour, they could rerun the whole 1st season!
I wonder if we get something else new on Toonami between now and final season of Attack on Titan? Bleach maybe, after Hulu airs completes first dubbed cour?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Zefram wrote:
Called it! I knew that the moment Toonami started rerunning MHA season 5 starting from episode 21(!) that they were planning to air Season 6. They did the same thing with Made in Abyss prior to season 2, only since it was only 1 short cour, they could rerun the whole 1st season!
I wonder if we get something else new on Toonami between now and final season of Attack on Titan? Bleach maybe, after Hulu airs completes first dubbed cour?

DeMarco mentioned on his Twitter negotiations with Viz were open (essentially that Toonami communicated with Viz on an ongoing basis) and while he didn’t mention shows, people are assuming that means negotiation for Bleach.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly so happy that MHA S6 will be airing on the block! With how Sony was blocking them out from basically everything, it's just a relief that they are starting to maybe play ball and allow for some of their licenses to air. Hopefully it's just the first of several. I know DeMarco is hopeful, per his response on Twitter, so fingers crossed!
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:35 am Reply with quote
So now that we know there's still some kind of partnership, I wonder if they'll get Chainsaw Man? If nothing else, I'm glad to see this merger didn't doom Toonami.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 am Reply with quote
Boom, there it is. Nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1