• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mahōtsukai no Yoru Visual Novel's Promo Video Reveals December 8 Debut on PS4, Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Cant wait for this to come out. I'm curious if it will actually get a real western release though, or if well have to purchase a japanese copy. It seems like at this time its a Japanese release, that has english language support.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, if nothing else, at least the JP version has English subtitles (which makes it kind of weirder not to officially release it in the West, but whatever).

So Subaru and Emilia's foster mom/aunt meet up.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
The Aniplex of America twitter account did quote tweet the original announcement back in April, saying to stay tuned for further info, but they've been radio silent since then.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I'll be pre-ordering this soon for Switch!
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:08 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Well, if nothing else, at least the JP version has English subtitles (which makes it kind of weirder not to officially release it in the West, but whatever).

So Subaru and Emilia's foster mom/aunt meet up.

Well that's like Atri: My Dear Moments from Front Wing (Grisaia series, Island). It has English support and it's only on the Japan eShop. On the reverse you have Christmas Tina on the North American eShop but no English support, lol
Sheenoobuu

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:49 am Reply with quote
I've never imported before, because how often do Japanese games come out with English subs with no NA release in sight? So is there any downside to buying from Japan? Other than of course how long it will take to deliver.
AQuin1904

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Sheenoobuu wrote:
I've never imported before, because how often do Japanese games come out with English subs with no NA release in sight? So is there any downside to buying from Japan? Other than of course how long it will take to deliver.

Not many. The MSRP of Japanese games is often higher than Western releases, shipping costs are higher if you buy physical, and any DLC needs to come from the Japanese store on your platform of choice (that means buying gift cards on PSN, but I think Switch will still take foreign credit cards). If you're willing to wait and shop around for deals, buying Japanese physical copies of niche titles that got limited releases in NA or EU can even save you money sometimes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1