• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte (TV)

Source: Light Novel (completed @ 2 Volumes + 1 Extra, written by Suzu Enoshima, illustrated by Eihi)

Demographic: Josei

Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions

Genres: comedy, fantasy, romance

Themes: video game

Plot Summary: Endo and Kobayashi just decided to play A Magical Romance, an otome game featuring a devious villainess named Lieselotte. Kobayashi thinks Lieselotte is a traditionally dastardly villain but Endo insists Lieselotte is just misunderstood.

The pair bicker and argue about Lieselotte's character and motivations. But little do they know that Lieselotte's in-game fiancé can hear their every word, and their colorful chatter will lead him down a completely different path than his character is supposed to tread.

Air Date & Platform:
January 6, 2023 (Friday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

This one's nothing special but as a long time otaku for tsunderes this is kind of my jam. Seems like a portion of the show will be devoted to Endo and Kobayashi's burgeoning relationship too, so we'll see where that goes. You know a dude is into a chick if he's willing to play an otome game with her. You go, Endo, you sly dog...
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:07 am Reply with quote
This one surprised me. The stuck-in-the-story-about-a-broken-engagement has played out a lot recently, and I only tried this one out of a vague sense of obligation. But instead of being trapped in a game, these characters have the ability to yell at select characters through the monitor screen using their broadcast club equipment. The show hasn’t really milked all of the humor that it could out of this concept – the main characters are too earnest and straightforward and sweet for that. Think about the twists and turns events would take if the main characters from Konosuba or Tanya the Evil were the ones making suggestions through the screen. But it’s still a lot of fun.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Still enjoying this anime for what it is. I did wonder during today's episode though...if they're worried about Lieselotte being possessed and eaten up by inner demons of fear and paranoia...how come they're not talking to her?

Trying to remember all the way back to the first episode...how did Sieg wind up being the focus anyhow? I remember they were talking, and there was a rainbow...did anybody eat some skittles? Pray to Valhalla? Tap some slippers?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:47 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure there ever was an in-anime rationale for why Sieg originally was the only one blessed with the Voice of the Gods. From a meta perspective it makes sense because the whole point of the show is to revel in tsundere-fun which means explaining Lieselotte's behaviour to Sieg.

So the gift of the gods is spreading. Lord I just watched the friggin' episode and I've already a little shaky on who has it now besides Sieg and Fiene... Bal, right? Erg, dementia is a terrible thing.

And Endo muh man... playing the game is clearing getting Kobayashi fired up. I think she's ready for the popcorn box trick... go for it!*

(*This reference is my way of finding out how many posters have seen the movie Diner...)
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching this show and in till the finish. It's one of many shows this season that I'm not passionate about, exactly, but that are a pretty painless, breezy way to unwind after work.

This isn't really a spoiler since I'm just speculating/wishing, but wouldn't it be freaky if spoiler[since the witch of Yore couldn't gain access to Liselotte's world, she moved to our world and took over the stalker/creator guy who's obsessing over Kobayashi? ]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald wrote:
I'm still watching this show and in till the finish. It's one of many shows this season that I'm not passionate about, exactly, but that are a pretty painless, breezy way to unwind after work.

Earlier in the week, for about five minutes, I thought I might no longer be a helpless little anime bitch this season. I had resolved to drop this show, Hero-King to Squire, Campfire Cooking, High Card, Reincarnated Princess, Spy Classroom, Iceblade Sorcerer, Suger Apple Fairy Tale, and Strongest Exorcist.

Yeah... still watching all of them.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 am Reply with quote
Well, if you start a support group, I'll join it. I dropped Ice Guy and His Cool Colleague for a few weeks but then started watching it again, and I'm thinking about giving Saving 80,000 in Gold another try if the weather keeps up today.

The first step to addressing a problem is admitting you have a problem...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:10 am Reply with quote
I thought about dropping Ice Guy, too, but then they finally introduced his imouto so I granted the show a stay of execution. Plus, I really like Fox Girl. Those little fangs are adorable. I am also curious whether the two leads will actually take a definitive step to being in a relationship before the cours ends. I sort of feel that they won't, but one never knows.... I was lukewarm on 80,000 at first but the money grubbing lead has really grown on me so that one was not on the recent (theoretical) chopping block.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Poor Endo. So typical that the other members of the broadcast club would designate him as the recipient of their yelling because Kobayashi is too cute to dump on. And since he hopes to be on the receiving end if she ever starts dispensing num-nums, he has no choice but to suck it up and accept it. But don't worry, Endo, it's more than just your voice she's craving even if she's not sending out those helpful little, "I dig you" vibes. And her older sister is kind of a fox, so maybe a little "double your fun" action....? Also, Edjwald, based on the ending, your spoiler tagged speculation above just might be coming true.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they delivered that conclusion with extra cheese, but I went ahead and accepted it anyway <g>.

I enjoyed Endo and Kobayashi, even if I occasionally got up to go make some coffee for a few minutes without bothering to pause it. Wasn't expecting that Enochian twist spoiler[(divine beings falling for mortals)] which was kind of cool, and I'm glad everybody got their happy ending.

I said it somewhere else, but for me, winter 2023 had fewer bombs and fewer homeruns than most seasons, so I wound up watching a lot more shows than usual because so few fell below my tolerance level, and so many were fairly pleasant, mostly painless if not exactly intense rides. I'm not complaining either. Is it better to go to an amusement park with a few great rides that you have to wait for, or an amusement park with so many basically fun rides that you have a hard time fitting them all into your day? I still have a few shows from this season that I've fallen behind on and plan to check out during the interim week.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd call it my favorite anime season, but I'm going to miss it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (Finale)

The show made a pretty big boast with the finale's title: "The Best Happy End to End All Happy Ends" and I gotta tell ya: they kind of delivered. I was extremely satisfied with the ending. Personally, I think they left some cheese unmilked by not having the human Kuon get together with Kobayashi's sister, but that's a mere quibble. I'm rating this Decent. Like Edjwald above said, I'll miss this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1