• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Edens Zero Anime Season 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EpicMatt16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:44 pm Reply with quote
curious if they will do episode 1 and 2 tomorrow, or if it will be just episode 1 and they will be a week behind with the episodes.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Was not expecting this at all this is good news as now it has an official streaming home, u am curious though if CR is going to stream blue orchestra as no one has announced they’ll be streaming that one yet and with CR now streaming Eden’s Zero they have filled all their slots for this season.
lealex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:08 pm Reply with quote
YES. Should've been this from Season 1, but YES.

The only downside is that they probably won't get any union actors from the Bang Zoom dub, but as long as they get as many as they can, I will be satisfied.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank God, really kept us worried with this one. Wonder if Netflix will still handle the dub.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Was not expecting this at all this is good news as now it has an official streaming home, u am curious though if CR is going to stream blue orchestra as no one has announced they’ll be streaming that one yet and with CR now streaming Eden’s Zero they have filled all their slots for this season.

CR can still add slots as they did in previous seasons.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:19 pm Reply with quote
CR’s title of the line up article doesn’t say “Final Update” so they probably one or two more to announce. Also “final update” doesn’t mean final because they’ve added shows after giving out a “final update”…
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Good to know! I didn’t know that they sometimes add more stuff after their “final update” so I’m glad to hear there is still a chance Blue orchestra will get streamed.
TemplateR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Europe (excluding Spain, Portugal, Italy, and French and German-speaking countries)

IWho the hell have the rights for germany? Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Prime Channel on Amazon or even Apple?
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:05 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
CR’s title of the line up article doesn’t say “Final Update” so they probably one or two more to announce. Also “final update” doesn’t mean final because they’ve added shows after giving out a “final update”…

Then what is even the point calling it "Final Update" if CR add more shows after all of the slots are filled? What is truly final to you on this?
Purple Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:05 pm Reply with quote
TemplateR wrote:
Quote:
Europe (excluding Spain, Portugal, Italy, and French and German-speaking countries)

IWho the hell have the rights for germany? Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Prime Channel on Amazon or even Apple?

Well... at least for Spain, Jonu Media acquired the exclusive rights. (this may affect Portugal too, as usual)
And in France, it'll be simulcast through Anime Digital Network. (I see that there may have a simuldub too)
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Nice there's a simulcast but the big question right now is what's gonna happen with an eventual dub? While Crunchyroll hasn't pulled anything funny since Mob Psycho s3, it's worth noting that not only was this a Bang Zoom dub, but it was also a union project, and one featuring some Dallas regulars at that. If CR tries to pull another lame stunt, they could find themselves in an even bigger mess so hopefully they do the right thing
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:
paulchaested wrote:

Then what is even the point calling it "Final Update" if CR add more shows after all of the slots are filled? What is truly final to you on this?

I don't know what to tell you, I'm simply stating what I've observed in the past several seasons.

Plus, it's really not that big of a deal if they announce more after they think they're done....
nl_TvdL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:16 pm Reply with quote
So (probably) no Blue Orchestra? That's a big dissapointment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:25 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! I figured EZ2 would pop up somewhere besides with an obscure French distributor but it sure is nice to get confirmation.
SP654

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Hold up seriously I thought I have to wait for Netflix to release those episodes for the next few months, Thank Crunchyroll, they save the day again!

Last edited by SP654 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3