• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses Anime Reveals 1st Promo Video, Visual, Staff, Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:02 am Reply with quote
Looks better than I expected to be honest.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 am Reply with quote
Once I took a glimpse of this trailer, I remarked "This has to be the work of GoHands!". I was right. They really have a unique look to their anime, but I guess it just has to work unlike *shivers* Hand Shakers *shivers* "did".
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:01 am Reply with quote
I flinch whenever I see GoHands involved in anything lately, but hopefully because this is your basic romance anime it won't be butchered. So far, so decent....
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:26 am Reply with quote
The animation looks quite nice, but some shots still feel like they have the GoHands issue of poor compositing, AKA characters not exactly fitting too much with the background.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:56 am Reply with quote
I do find it kinda odd that GoHands are making two shows during the same season with the same director and chief director. The other show being The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today. It just feels so unusual. Couldn't the production company have scheduled it for the next season/year or found an entirely different studio to handle this? Can GoHands really handle all this pressure?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:12 am Reply with quote
I liked the story of original HandShakers despite the visual problems and not so the rest of what they have done to date. This looks like it might good on both story (if basic and derivative) and visuals. Cautiously looking forward...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:19 am Reply with quote
Not sure about GoHands but this looks nice!
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:19 am Reply with quote
So from what I've seen on Twitter and Reddit, apparently a lot of the backgrounds from this trailer are straight up reused from Unity assets. GoHands will GoHands, I guess.
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:46 pm Reply with quote
If I'm being honest this looks better than most shows made by GoHands. The only good stuff they have is Seitokai Yakuindomo and although I'm not a huge fan of K Project at least it's visually stunning in places. I hope the studio could get a w for this one.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
I liked the story of original HandShakers despite the visual problems and not so the rest of what they have done to date. This looks like it might good on both story (if basic and derivative) and visuals. Cautiously looking forward...

If they stick to the manga (which is available from a few official sources), it should be a simple but good middle school romcom. Of course, they already made one change: instead of being merely pretty, her eyes are a portal to outer space.

I'm also cautiously looking forward to it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Every time GoHands is announced as producer on a new anime, I heartily laugh. It's up to you what that laugh is supposed to represent.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:39 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
I do find it kinda odd that GoHands are making two shows during the same season with the same director and chief director. The other show being The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today. It just feels so unusual. Couldn't the production company have scheduled it for the next season/year or found an entirely different studio to handle this? Can GoHands really handle all this pressure?

They haven't aired a show since Winter 2021 and probably lost a lot of time and money on Tokyo Babylon 2021, so they may be desperate for money. That'd probably explain why they're doing two slice of life series rather than something action heavy.

It could also be that one or both of the shows have been done for a while and there just no available tv slots
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:40 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
DamianSalazar wrote:

They haven't aired a show since Winter 2021 and probably lost a lot of time and money on Tokyo Babylon 2021, so they may be desperate for money. That'd probably explain why they're doing two slice of life series rather than something action heavy.

It could also be that one or both of the shows have been done for a while and there just no available tv slots

I very much doubt that is the case. I don't see how and why a company would greenlit an anime without even making sure there are timeslots available.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:45 am Reply with quote
I hope my sudden fears of GoHands screwing up the production is unfounded; the manga is wholesome and cute, and it deserves the best.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I thought they would be on the way to the grave, (or, at least, great irrelevancy) after the considerable fiascos they've had the last number of years, but they have this and another work in the pipeline, so I hope they have gotten their act together and return to their early form. This looks really good and seems like a different, pleasant use of their unique style, so I have my fingers crossed…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1