• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime Reveals English Dub Cast, March 18 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:22 am Reply with quote
The perks of Union dubbing! Glad to see the entire cast back with the nice addition of one Erica Mendez.
KaidoYuji8Shinji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:34 am Reply with quote
Yay Union dub with great Cast!!!
Kalhiki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness they were able to get the cast from the game back! I would drop the sub if I wasn't already caught up on it. Either way, I'll definitely be checking out the dub!
Henry New York 2020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:54 pm Reply with quote
The whole original cast from the game are back
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Yesssss, original casting! I was genuinely worried they were gonna try to find a new 9S.
RamiKing765

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:38 pm Reply with quote
With Kyle being in the show, it looks like Aniplex US is keeping the dub in LA rather than giving the dub work to Crunchyroll like they did with Kaguya-Sama. The cast being the same as in the game is a plus for the fans that have enjoyed the game in english.
KaidoYuji8Shinji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:00 pm Reply with quote
RamiKing765 wrote:
With Kyle being in the show, it looks like Aniplex US is keeping the dub in LA rather than giving the dub work to Crunchyroll like they did with Kaguya-Sama. The cast being the same as in the game is a plus for the fans that have enjoyed the game in english.

Thank god.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:52 am Reply with quote
Using the original cast was the only way to avoid a shitshow as they still play the roles in the endless crossovers but I will never get why the US dub of the 2017 game or even the original´s always got so much praise. Automata has one of the better and organic soundings J-Rpg dubs but it is streets behind the Japanese cast. Not even in the same ballpark. Why settle on a C+ to B- if you can have an A? Yoko Taro has strengths and weaknesses but his team gets great performances out of his casts. The anime´s flashback ep to the stage play/manga even got most of the stage actresses back. That is real dedication.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:59 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Using the original cast was the only way to avoid a shitshow as they still play the roles in the endless crossovers but I will never get why the US dub of the 2017 game or even the original´s always got so much praise. Automata has one of the better and organic soundings J-Rpg dubs but it is streets behind the Japanese cast. Not even in the same ballpark. Why settle on a C+ to B- if you can have an A? Yoko Taro has strengths and weaknesses but his team gets great performances out of his casts. The anime´s flashback ep to the stage play/manga even got most of the stage actresses back. That is real dedication.
Let's put it in reverse - why do most of the people who played the original game with English dub and mostly loved it for its good synergy (especially the main cast of Kira and Kyle) which has already proven itself, trade it for a potential cat in the bag, especially with how scarce the Crunchy roster list became after they decided to move out most of VA work to Texas, and instead of A or at least B roster (like Tomo-chan) they can throw in something of a C-/D-class, especially with the tight schedules?
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I was gonna ask if this is the same cast from the game. thank goodness I read the comments before hand. I've watched game movies for Automata in English, and I've been enjoying this in Japanese, so I'm game to watch in English. I'm always willing to give an English dub a chance for passing judgement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1