• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Reveals 16 New Licenses, 5 New Audiobooks, 4 Webcomics

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited were getting more audiobooks, especially DanMachi and Executioner. It certainly makes an hour and a half worth of commuting by car go by alot easier
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Yesssss more Higurashi!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Re:Zero and DanMachi sidestory novels have my interest, as well as the Unnamed Memory sequel.

I wonder if they'll get any of the anime VA's back for the audiobooks.
Vs7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:53 am Reply with quote
Omniscient Reader is getting an official release? Both novels and manhwa??
Really hope they get a good translator
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:45 am Reply with quote
So have they rescued the Eromanga Sensei license from Dark Horse who's been holding it hostage for years and won't go past Volume 3? Biggest crime in manga history.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:16 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
So have they rescued the Eromanga Sensei license from Dark Horse who's been holding it hostage for years and won't go past Volume 3? Biggest crime in manga history.

I know your exaggerating, but really? Eromanga Sensei?

The biggest crime in manga history is how Kingdom is licensed in damn near every other language than English.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:20 am Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

I know your exaggerating, but really? Eromanga Sensei?

The biggest crime in manga history is how Kingdom is licensed in damn near every other language than English.

That's surprising given how big Kingdom is!

Eromanga Sensei is one of my favorite series though. I own more merchandise for it than anything else. How would you feel if your favorite series was licensed to a company that had no interest in releasing all the volumes of its manga? I mean they did for Oreimo and it's spinoffs so I really don't get it.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:42 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Eromanga Sensei is one of my favorite series though. I own more merchandise for it than anything else. How would you feel if your favorite series was licensed to a company that had no interest in releasing all the volumes of its manga? I mean they did for Oreimo and it's spinoffs so I really don't get it.

If it's any consolation, it's been fully scanlated. Largely it was picked up again because it was abandoned by the publisher. Just wish the novel too was fully translated, even better officially licensed, sigh...
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Reminder--for those that hated the Higurashi Gou anime, the manga version will lead to a completely different ending. I've been reading up on it, and long before building up to its distinct climax it was already vastly superior to the anime in its narrative execution, confirming what wasted potential the latter really was. Definitely give the manga version a chance.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:36 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Reminder--for those that hated the Higurashi Gou anime, the manga version will lead to a completely different ending. I've been reading up on it, and long before building up to its distinct climax it was already vastly superior to the anime in its narrative execution, confirming what wasted potential the latter really was. Definitely give the manga version a chance.

I wish the Switch versions of the VN's would get a western localization Cool
ExplodingPrinny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Being licensed by Dark Horse is like being damned to purgatory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1