• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Granblue Fantasy: Relink Game's Trailer Reveals More Characters, Winter 2023 Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping it actually comes out this time.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:15 am Reply with quote
Yes, it was about time, all these delays kind of killed my hype.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:28 am Reply with quote
Seems like a fun time, count me in.
b-dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I feel like it will be a minor miracle if this thing actually gets released at all, let alone this winter. Upgrade that to a major miracle if its technical aspects are solid. And I'm not even considering the gameplay itself being good.

I'm being overly critical, I hope. But the massive delays, reinventions, and long periods of silence make me more intrigued by a "making of" feature than the game itself- and that is not a death knell, but it also seems a bad sign.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like they got the English VA's back to reprise their roles, which is nice. Gameplay looks fun too.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:43 am Reply with quote
Been excited to play this for a while. Granblue Versus was so charming and fun that it's the first fighter since AC+R that I feel like everything is clicking. A larger story-based 3D action game is just what the lore-doctor ordered.

Am a little worried Djeeta isn't being shown more in the protagonist slot. If she's just a background character that has to be slotted in later, that's likely gonna knock this down my priority list from "must-buy day 1" to "wait for the inevitable sub-$20 sale".
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:04 am Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

Am a little worried Djeeta isn't being shown more in the protagonist slot. If she's just a background character that has to be slotted in later, that's likely gonna knock this down my priority list from "must-buy day 1" to "wait for the inevitable sub-$20 sale".

They confirmed that you can choose either Djeeta or Gran. They've shown her in the previous showcases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1