• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Sailor Moon Cosmos Film Casts Live-Action Sailor Mars Actress Keiko Kitagawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarFan13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:03 am Reply with quote
who voices Sailor Cosmos in the 90s anime i can't remember
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:04 am Reply with quote
A lot of Japanese fans are angry that Kotono Mitsuishi isn't voicing Cosmos.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:21 am Reply with quote
yeah i was disappointed about that prediction didn't came true much as Aoi Yuki not voicing Iron Mouse i read that coment on this page animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5419686
olgita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:

Nobody I think? She wasn't in the 90s anime, only slightly visible in the finale, if I remember correctly. I belive this is the first time she's actually gonna be adapted into anime.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:25 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
A lot of Japanese fans are angry that Kotono Mitsuishi isn't voicing Cosmos.

Heck, if they were going to grab anyone from the live-action show I would've got Miyu Sawai.
Retrosofa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:38 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:

Technically she wasn't in the 90's anime. But her "replacement" - The Light of Hope was voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:25 pm Reply with quote
And why change the voice? Mitsuishi-san SHOULD VOICE HER, as it is the final form of Sailor Moon. VERY STRANGE DECISION INDEED.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:40 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Heck, if they were going to grab anyone from the live-action show I would've got Miyu Sawai.

wait what is it because that PGSM did not get more seasons like till the sailor star arc
Lovux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Live action Sailor Moon only covered the Dark Kingdom arc, true. But Miyu Sawai played Usagi/Moon in that adaptation so if she were to play Sailor Cosmos (who IS Usagi/Moon in her final form) then it would still be Usagi voicing Cosmos, just like if Cosmos was voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Keiko herself was confused about why she was cast and she offered the role to Miyuu Sawai but all the PGSM cast encouraged her to take the role and Keiko also has a very close friendship with Kotono and Kotono has been supporting Keiko in thiis and I believe it’s because of her friendship with Kotono why they wanted Keiko for the role along with her being a prominent actress. https://twitter.com/pastelmoonart/status/1669104362046488576?s=46&t=WVDR-6DRMtRlYCPWtoAdBA
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Because it should be pointed out, Kotono has been doing live-action gigs recently and one of them had the two of them together plus Keiko was one of four people who posted messages for Kotono's autobiography that got released a few months back (the other three were Naoko Takeuchi, Hideaki Anno & Risa Ito) so I don't think this was random casting either.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Keiko herself was confused about why she was cast and she offered the role to Miyuu Sawai but all the PGSM cast encouraged her to take the role and Keiko also has a very close friendship with Kotono and Kotono has been supporting Keiko in thiis and I believe it’s because of her friendship with Kotono why they wanted Keiko for the role along with her being a prominent actress. https://twitter.com/pastelmoonart/status/1669104362046488576?s=46&t=WVDR-6DRMtRlYCPWtoAdBA

Okay, now this makes a lot more sense.
Retrosofa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:08 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Because it should be pointed out, Kotono has been doing live-action gigs recently and one of them had the two of them together plus Keiko was one of four people who posted messages for Kotono's autobiography that got released a few months back (the other three were Naoko Takeuchi, Hideaki Anno & Risa Ito) so I don't think this was random casting either.

Keiko is also the biggest star to come from PGSM. This way they get a big-name celebrity cameo while paying homage to another version of Sailor Moon.
Kusakabe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:15 am Reply with quote
I hope the dub casts Terri Hawkes. Netflix just cast her in Bee and Puppy cat....they need a cool casting gimmick like this!
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I would love it if Viz Media could be able to reach out to some of the DiC dub cast like Terri Hawkes, Katie Griffin (Rei/Sailor Mar's original VA), & Rino Romaro (Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen's VA) to voice some of the new original characters for the Sailor Moon Cosmos film English dub. It would be a nice fanservice for fans that grew up with the original English dub. I hope that happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1