• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Anime's New Video Reveals Da-iCE's Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_morris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I know no one in english speaking countries care, but here in Mexico Konnichiwa announced screenings in theaters of the first 3 episodes starting june 27th.
topgun97

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest, the animation looks the same as the previous seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but for now it looks like we gotta brace for more slideshow animation. I'll still watch it since I'm one of those weirdos that enjoy Fairy Tail for what it is. Plus FT makes me really nostalgic.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Still not a fan of Lucy's design, everything else looks more or less as I was expecting.

Anyways, this is what you could call a "Perfect Sequel", if you loved FT, you will love this, if you hated it you will hate this.

This is not a Burrito nor DBS situation, there is no character assassinations nor weird potholes, chapter 1 could very well be chapter 546 since it begins immediately after the original ends and continues the plot where it left.

Relationships are also as they were left and keep evolving from there, powers keep evolving too.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Visually it looks very similar to the last season of Edens Zero, which I guess makes sense.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:21 am Reply with quote
I see J.C. Staff is animating this season. Looks like Edens Zero is here to stay Laughing

In all seriousness, I hope CR puts this under a new title and not under Fairy Tail. I rotate it with other longer series I’ve watched a dozen times before when I’m going to sleep. That way I won’t get too involved and end up not sleeping Very Happy
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:05 am Reply with quote
I know they have multiple team but i am getting flashback to late 2018 and all of 2019 with the amount of work J.C. is taken on at the moment, for the rest of this year we have.
Summer:
- Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest (most likely 2 cours)
- 2.5 Dimensional Seduction (2 cour comfirmed)
- Delico's Nursery

Fall:
- Danmachi Season 5 (hopefully split cour)
- Demon Lord 2099
- Magilumiere Magical Girls Inc. (Co-production)
- Murai's Love
- A Story of a Girl that was Unable to Become a Mage
- Duel Masters LOST.

Doing Fall they are gonna have at least 7 shows in productions if not 8. and yeah i know they have a lot of teams whith a lot of diiferent people. but still this is a lot,

welp i hope for fans of most of these shows are gonna be happy with them.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:20 am Reply with quote
LukaTheLancer wrote:
I know they have multiple team but i am getting flashback to late 2018 and all of 2019 with the amount of work J.C. is taken on at the moment, for the rest of this year we have.
Summer:
- Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest (most likely 2 cours)
- 2.5 Dimensional Seduction (2 cour comfirmed)
- Delico's Nursery

Fall:
- Danmachi Season 5 (hopefully split cour)
- Demon Lord 2099
- Magilumiere Magical Girls Inc. (Co-production)
- Murai's Love
- A Story of a Girl that was Unable to Become a Mage
- Duel Masters LOST.

Doing Fall they are gonna have at least 7 shows in productions if not 8. and yeah i know they have a lot of teams whith a lot of diiferent people. but still this is a lot,

welp i hope for fans of most of these shows are gonna be happy with them.

Delico’s Nursery was recently announced to be pushed back to August 2024 due to production issues. Womp womp.
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:23 am Reply with quote
Action animation looks kinda limited and underwhelming. I guess this was to be expected since JC Staff is spread too thin.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:08 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
I'll be honest, the animation looks the same as the previous seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but for now it looks like we gotta brace for more slideshow animation. I'll still watch it since I'm one of those weirdos that enjoy Fairy Tail for what it is. Plus FT makes me really nostalgic.

It's being made by Edens Zero's core staff, and Shinji Ishihira has always been attached fo Fairy Tail, so don't expect very ambitious sequences.

That being said... It's still probably gonna be more consistently animated than it has been, mostly just due to Kenichiro Aoki being there.
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:25 am Reply with quote
Seeing how the animation looks in the trailer, it would have been nice to see the animation for the 100 Years Quest anime be much more fluent and detailed. Bland animation and a PowerPoint-like presentation wouldn't make an anime adaptation this exciting and breathtaking. Still, there could be some potential for what the production committee has to offer down the road. As long as they're giving a lot of fans what they wanted, then I expect the anime adaptation to be very well-animated, much more faithful to the manga, and keep it uncensored as to how the source material already was. With the past anime adaptations from Rave to Edens Zero, it should likely come this far for the anime staff to learn from their mistakes and correct them as they should. But all things considered, the 100 Years Quest anime deserves much better than it will ever be. And hopefully, we'll also get an English dub at this point.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:02 pm Reply with quote
The only long running battle shounen that I think is actually good Surprised
Matros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:11 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:

That's certainly a take considering FT's infamous shoddy and inconsistent writing.
I guess FT > HxH??? lol
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

That's certainly a take considering FT's infamous shoddy and inconsistent writing.
I guess FT > HxH??? lol

I think it just depends on what you are looking to get out of shounen manga. FT is many things, but it has an infectious energy that is undeniable. It is like a cozy blanket for some. Also I have always found the character writing/and dialogue to be pretty solid despite some of the questionable decisions it makes regarding plot. I just reread the final arc and woof, it is kind of a mess.

Generally though I find the criticism of FT a bit overblow. It seems to primarily come from readers who just want Berserk...but in a manga genre that is directed toward kids. I am generalizing, but even beyond FT, I find a lot of the critics of shounen to be from people who hate the tropes...of shounen manga. And, like, if you don't like the tropes, maybe don't read the genre?

FT just wears its heart on its sleeve and I think it rubs people the wrong way when it is SO upfront about friendship conquering all/killing god or whatever.

But YMMV, I can easily see how others love it because of how fun it is...it never tells you that humans are not better than chimera ants for example (to go back to the hxh example).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1