• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 - Yen Press

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
a potential omnibus edition of Olimpos is being planned

Awww, yeah! I will so be buying this! Utahime is great and I've read Olimpos too, it's the kind of manga that sticks with ya after you've read it and I can't help but want to buy it the instant it comes out. I was never expecting this to be licensed in a million years, I am so happy right now!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
while they had no new light novel licenses to discuss, they were working on some that could be announced in the near future.

Please let it be Baccano!, please please please please please.
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Okay as a Vampire Chronicles fan, the Anne Rice news was super exciting! I'm glad she's letting this happen! She's normally pretty choicey about such things...then again it did say she was "heavily involved", but still I'm very happy about this!

One complaint though... "Twilight-style adaptation"...uhh...The Vampire Chronicles are NOTHING like Twilight in my opinion! And the Vampire Chronicles came out first!
I understand that it may be because more young people may identify with Twilight more somehow...but it's just...ugh...I dislike that part very much! (I'm only 20 too btw...I'm not that old just so everybody knows). Yeah, it's about vampires...is that the similarity there? That's not enough to me to say it's "like" Twilight...ugh...

But anyway, even though Claudia isn't my favorite character it still sounds very interesting and I'm looking forward to it! I just hope the art is done well! I'm pretty sure the story will be fine, hopefully.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
gilnokoibito wrote:

One complaint though... "Twilight-style adaptation"...uhh...The Vampire Chronicles are NOTHING like Twilight in my opinion! And the Vampire Chronicles came out first!
I understand that it may be because more young people may identify with Twilight more somehow...but it's just...ugh...I dislike that part very much! (I'm only 20 too btw...I'm not that old just so everybody knows). Yeah, it's about vampires...is that the similarity there? That's not enough to me to say it's "like" Twilight...ugh...

No no - "Twilight-style" means it's similar in production method; manga-style artwork by a commissioned artist and involvement from the original author.

The Vampire Chronicles have been a guilty pleasure for me since the mid-90s, and I wouldn't compare them to Twilight at all, really.
gilnokoibito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

No no - "Twilight-style" means it's similar in production method; manga-style artwork by a commissioned artist and involvement from the original author.

The Vampire Chronicles have been a guilty pleasure for me since the mid-90s, and I wouldn't compare them to Twilight at all, really.

Wait, you're telling me there's a Twilight manga? ugh...*shivers*

I guess that makes more sense now...(yeah, if it's not noticeable enough, I'm a Twilight hater....can't help it)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1