• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Japan's No. 1 Romance Game “Pirates in Love” Has Landed in the USA!!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Romantic simulation games geared towards females have previously not been introduced into English speaking regions.
Correction: have previously not been introduced into English speaking regions with much success. Anyone remember Yo-Jin-Bo? But I fully expect Voltage to do at least somewhat, quite possibly much, better: factual admission aside, they've an approach that could nab both mainstream and otaku audiences and – something Hirameki never had – a pay-per-download platform that former know how to use.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Self centered swordsman, Russell: Arrogant, short-tempered, and very possessive.
Super sadistic first mate, Eduardo: Cold blooded and twisted.
Free spirited Captain Morgan: The legendary pirate, a womanizer who loves to drink.
Lonely Rival Pirate, Alan: Sadistic and unstable. Captain Morgan's rival.

Aww, if only I had an iPhone. Those sound like men I'd wanna be with. Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
What the heck does $3.99/Script mean? Is a script a chapter? So someone would be paying $64 for the full game? Hahahaha.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
From iPhone and/or PC

Huh?

How come it is compatible for an iPhone and not for a Mac? I am a Mac user. I don't have an iPhone or a PC. I even bought a PSP so I could get the upcoming Hakuoki game. Don't they want my money? guess not.

I could probably download it on my husband's PC but..... uh, no. Just no. (Though he would probably laugh). (laugh at ME Embarassed) Embarassed
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Free spirited Captain Morgan: The legendary pirate, a womanizer who loves to drink.

I wonder if he drinks rum...
TJR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
What the heck does $3.99/Script mean? Is a script a chapter? So someone would be paying $64 for the full game? Hahahaha.

Sounds like it. I'm out of the loop when it comes to western mobile games, but in Japan, a common model for RPGs/adventures is to deliver episodic content. That way, a fan forks out money every month or so for the next chapter.

Developers love it because financial risk, entrance barriers, and budgets are low, yet if the product catches on, customers end up paying the cost of a AAA game, if not more.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
I played the prologue, and it seems a "chapter" exists for each guy, and at the end of the prologue, you have to buy the chapter of the guy you want to try and win.
AnimeKitty888

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You are protected by strong guys
Pirates' lives are very dangerous. During frequent attacks from other pirates, you might become attracted to the pirate who fights to protect you.

Self centered swordsman, Russell: Arrogant, short-tempered, and very possessive.
Super sadistic first mate, Eduardo: Cold blooded and twisted.
Brotherly doctor, Christopher: A leader of the pirates, mild mannered but sometimes spacey.
Antisocial cook, Nathan: Boorish, a man of few words.
Brave swordsman apprentice, Thomas: Determined, friendly but temperamental.
Lonely Rival Pirate, Alan: Sadistic and unstable. Captain Morgan's rival.

So I've downloaded it and see everyone but Alan. Is Alan available and how?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I played the prologue, and it seems a "chapter" exists for each guy, and at the end of the prologue, you have to buy the chapter of the guy you want to try and win.

The problem I see with that logic is that there are 16 chapters supposedly, and I don't see 16 guys on the list.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
st_owly wrote:

The problem I see with that logic is that there are 16 chapters supposedly, and I don't see 16 guys on the list.

Maybe it's like there are four guys and each have a total story of four chapters each?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1