• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ikki Tousen Video Anime Launches

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
At least it appears they are avoiding the irritating (to me) "all panties must be white" syndrome of Xtreme Xecutor.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quote
Sweet! Also, is this like the only non-shounen franchise targeting the same demographic that is just as long-lasting?
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Why does this shit keep getting new series while Tenjou Tenge gets the shaft?

Did people already forget how much the original Ikkitousen manga traced entire panels off Tenjou Tenge?
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
Why does this shit keep getting new series while Tenjou Tenge gets the shaft?

For me, the set up of the Ikkitousen storyline is just better. The Three Kingdoms references adds an extra layer of fanservice as well as an epic feel that I just never got out of Tenjou Tenge. The character designs are also more appealing to me.

Running Wild wrote:
Did people already forget how much the original Ikkitousen manga traced entire panels off Tenjou Tenge?

The pics I've seen only look like certain poses were copied, not entire panels. That's not enough for me to condemn a series. Plot, writing, characterization, and overall design help distinguish the two manga from each other.
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
No dude, entire panels were copied. Literally traced. Even backgrounds were copied, that's how bad it is.

Ikkitousen's story is crap, and so are the characters. The Three Kingdoms thing is ridiculous and overdone as it is.

Plus OhGreat is just a way better artist, much more detailed and refined art, and he doesn't hold back when it comes to nudity and sexy, which is pretty much supposed to be the main selling point between both titles.

Ikkitousen is just crappy fanservice. Funny tho how both series got stuck with shitty localizations, Tokyopop's ridiculous dialogue and CMX's retarded censoring. I hear Viz has Tenjou Tenge now and plans to release it uncut... bout time.

Ikkitousen on the other hand, series needs to die off already.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
No dude, entire panels were copied. Literally traced. Even backgrounds were copied, that's how bad it is.

Sorry, the few times someone tried to show me a comparison I just didn't see it.

Running Wild wrote:
Ikkitousen's story is crap, and so are the characters. The Three Kingdoms thing is ridiculous and overdone as it is.

That's just your opinion. I have my own. No point arguing that.

Running Wild wrote:
Plus OhGreat is just a way better artist, much more detailed and refined art, and he doesn't hold back when it comes to nudity and sexy, which is pretty much supposed to be the main selling point between both titles.

Sometimes holding back enhances rather than detracts. Sometimes holding back is the thin line separating fan service from pure hentai.

Running Wild wrote:
Ikkitousen is just crappy fanservice.

But I *like* crappy fanservice! Others must also like it or else it wouldn't have any fans.

Running Wild wrote:
Funny tho how both series got stuck with shitty localizations, Tokyopop's ridiculous dialogue and CMX's retarded censoring. I hear Viz has Tenjou Tenge now and plans to release it uncut... bout time.

I can't read Japanese so I can't compare. From my perspective the dialogue worked just fine for what it is.

Running Wild wrote:
Ikkitousen on the other hand, series needs to die off already.

Tenjho Tenge doesn't appeal to me, but I see no reason to go around proclaiming how series I don't care for must "die off already".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1