• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimi no Iru Machi Manga Gets Anime DVD Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote
Interesting. This is not the sort of project I would have predicted that the wonderful minds behind the Time of Eve masterpiece would get involved with, but my interest is piqued, for sure.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
ah, the series that angered me to the point of no return. I dunno how you can animate this series since it's so borin' at some points since nothin' goes down for several chapters.
YTKGemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
YES!!!! I was wondering when this will be coming...

Now if all the voice actors are assigned as I imagined, I will be extremely happy...
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
i don't really see the point of this, an OAD is fine for short works or single novels but this is almost at 150 chapters, it could comfortably do a 24 episode series, an OAD would either tell none of the story or rush through it and leave most of it out, and it doesn't seem likely that it'll lead to a proper series in the future so why even bother? hopefully this is just to see the reaction to it to see if a proper series would be worthwhile, the first half of the series wasn't that bad and would probably make a decent series, just as long as they don't go into the tokyo arc
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
lol Time of Eve director is doing this? I mean hey I am all for an anime for this manga, Seo Kouji is my favorite manga author and I enjoyed Kimi no Iru Machi from what I have read so far. But I am guessing that this means they will only make a few episodes as most. So it probably would make most people ask what's the point since this is a longer running manga and you can't you do much in a few episodes with it.

My guess is that maybe if this gets good reviews they will make a full anime out of it, but that's just me hoping. At least they are leaving the adaptions in good if not a little odd-chosen hands.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Aw, I was hoping Yoshiura's next project would be a YKK anime. It has been quite awhile since the last one and we all know how much Yoshiura loves cafes, and the setting is just perfect for Yoshiura to work more of his brilliant magic.

I'll keep an eye out for this... but it being from the same manga-ka as Suzuka isn't really helping much.

EDIT: Holy crap. YKK is the 4th highest ranked manga? Why the hell has it not been licensed? Arrrhghghghghhgasjkfghasjhgbhjsdghjkasengkljsahn
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote
I wound up bailing on Kimi no Iru Machi JUST as the Tokyo arc was about to begin. I got cold feet progressing even further, as even then I didn't see things looking up for Yamato.

Months later, my friend tells me that I made a good choice. Laughing

Sad

Hope it does reasonably well enough. I still wouldn't mind this getting a full series, regardless. I enjoyed most of the earlier chapters of this series.

Megiddo: YKK being very niche (which we all know) + Ed from Vertical refusing to license the title because he doesn't like it = no North American license, unless Kodansha feels compelled to release it themselves.

(Though you probably knew that, too?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1