• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
no signatures. how about titles?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:27 pm Reply with quote
since there aren't any signatures anymore, and haven't been for a while. how about making it so we could have titles under our names. they are pretty much useless...but, so are signatures. except with titles they don't take up any thread space. I don't really care if you do it or not. I just thought it was a good idea.

Edit: if this isn't the right forum to post this in, then sorry.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:12 am Reply with quote
I'm all for this, we don't get many features here so it would be a nice little extra. Moderators will still have control over them just like the have control over all aspects of our profiles so anything offencive can be changed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:20 am Reply with quote
I think that it sounds like a good idea too. The most common way they show up on other boards is though auto-titles based upon post count.
king_micah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:04 am Reply with quote
Eh, to do that will require a distinction for staff. That could be done by a little ANN graphic and color though.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:46 am Reply with quote
I think custom titles would be nice, too, but phpBB doesn't appear to support them. We'd have to make a custom mod to the scripts, and I don't have the time for that. But maybe there's an easy to install custom-title mod for phpbb.

BTW, originally the disabling of signatures was supposed to be just a test but I was so happy with how clean it made the forum that I just kept it Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:49 am Reply with quote
Do you think that if someone found a title script or wrote one that you would consider using it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1