• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Acquires The Wallflower

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was still in production. Ah, well. I guess if they can't get Ouran...More importantly, did you get an interview?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
No it aired last yearduring the fall season although it was a little later starting in October.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I suspected something was up when the Anime Central screening of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge had the title card subbed as "The Wallflower." Cool

Yet more money taken from me.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! Though this is one of the most poorly animated shows I have ever seen Yeah! Actually I can't blame the animators. It's a poorly drawn manga. But I laugh so much i manage to over look it. I refuse to be a fan who complains about licensing but what bad luck. I watched this show because I was bored one day and I got hooked. And it gets licensed right before i can see the end. Oh well patience is a virtue.
Chiikaboom

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Mmm i may pick up the first dvd, because the show started slacking in humour/animation a few eps afterward. Well technically the animation has always been fourth rate but ill buy it for Sunako's sake.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first episode in anime club. Thought it was pretty funny. I'll probably check it out when it's released.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Chiikaboom wrote:
Mmm i may pick up the first dvd, because the show started slacking in humour/animation a few eps afterward. Well technically the animation has always been fourth rate but ill buy it for Sunako's sake.

Oh ok...I was going to say the animation looked bad even at the begining. And I don't even pay attention to animation but its something I noticed.

I can't wait to see it though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kensukeyura

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Woo-hoo! Good choice, ADV! The manga amuses me greatly, so I'll definitely be buying the anime when it comes out. Anime smile
dark'angel

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote
This anime failed to get my attention as one of the decent shoujo anime shows out there. The animation was quite choppy and so was the acting. The story is an "eh". I'm not totally surprised that it got licensed. Well, it at least got some fans happy about it.

Last edited by dark'angel on Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Another ADV license that doesn't interest me.... *yawn*. I still admire the variety they're bringing over and I'm happy for the fans of the series. I would have guessed FUNi for this one but hopefully it does well for ADV.
liloaznangel

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised that ADV picked it up. The show's animation was crappy, but the humor and Sunako is what made me watch the whole show.

All that's left is to figure out who is gonna voice who, i have faith that ADV will get it right.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:
I would have guessed FUNi for this one but hopefully it does well for ADV.
I'm getting the feeling that ADV is trying to mimic Funimation right now. Since they both draw from the same pool of actors and aren't that far apart in production capability, ADV's probably trying to figure out why Funimation is kicking their butts. Hopefully, they'll both continue this trend of having diverse licenses.

It's certainly a trend that a person can get behind.

I know little about this series, but the synopsis sounds kind of interesting. If ADV puts an episode on a Newtype preview disc, I'll certainly give it a whirl, poor animation or not. (10-1 I've seen worse.)

If Hilary Haag gets a staring role, I'll probably buy it just for her voice. I don't know why exactly, but I love that woman's voice.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to buy it. I'm currently reading The wallflower and although most people [including myself] are very critical towards this anime, I'm sure that it'll still be amusing to hear the english dub. Regardless of the quality [animation,music etc.] of the show itself.

Last edited by KAtchan15 on Tue May 15, 2007 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Richard: FUNimation's only "winning", because they have seed money from DBZ and Navarre to license more shows. But they seem to be stuck in the, "If it's big in Japan..." mindset and putting themselves at risk of spreading themselves too thin.
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I second a vote for Hillary Haag to play the lead- she could take this role interesting places, plus every show is improved when I hear her voice [I warmed up to Trinity Blood more when she popped up Smile]

Yay for ADV for getting this, and now that it's connected with Nabeshin in my mind, I plan to get it eventually. Nice choice ADV Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2