• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haruhi Suzumiya Spanish cast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quote
Is there any adequate source for the Spanish cast on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? The only source given for it was Wikipedia and I have reason to believe it's a fabricated cast, but I don't know that for certain (I'm not familiar with Latin American licensing and dubs).
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
The Wikipedia page provided by the submitted contains no such information. With something like Doonys, I'm sure there are some people with too much free time out there trying to fantasize the ideal cast in their minds, especially with a high-profile title like Haruhi.

I've locked all languages sans Japanese and English, as well as a warning PM to the submitter.

And we have 113 users rated it as "worst ever." Oh well. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I managed to talk with Ana Lucia Ramos (a Mexican VA) and she told me that they're dubbing Haruhi Suzumiya in Spanish, althrough I need to talk again with her for check that info just to be sure.
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I've heard about the dubbing rumors too. It's starting to become more common that a Latin American spanish dub will dub a high profile series and then it will be released on tv over a year after the dub was made.

Excel Saga was dubbed over a year ago and it's barely going to premiere in July.

I've heard Marmalade Boy and Rose of Versailles are dubbed but neither has been shown on tv. Heck, they say the SoulTaker is dubbed, but you can't find the DVD's anywhere!

For more information on the spanish dubbing scene (most of the info is legit since it's the very voice actores that dub anime that post there), you can visit:

http://www.pikaflash.com/foros

Look for "Doblaje" and start hunting for new dub threads.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
OK, I managed to talk with Ana Lucia Ramos yesterday, and now she told me that she doesn't remember very well if they dubbed that series or not. Guess that we should wait until official info from another voice actor is released.

BTW, Marmalade Boy was dubbed in Spanish but it was broadcasted in Chile only since the series was dubbed in that country. Soul Taker was dubbed in Spanish but Towers Entertaiment only released one DVD in very limited quantities and only in Anime Con's. I don't know nothing about the Rose of Versailles, maybe it was broadcasted in South America only.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:06 am Reply with quote
I'm curious - can anyway tell me if the listed Azumanga Daioh Spanish cast is true or not? Similarly to the Haruhi cast that was entered, it was taken off of Wikipedia, and there is no trace of a viable source there either (and no company listed)
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
As far I know, both the Haruhi Suzumiya and Azumanga Daioh Spanish voice cast info from Wikipedia came from some guy named Ryanasaurus0077, I talked with him, since he also included a supposed Mexican Spanish voice cast of the Sakura Wars TV series and the movie, and AFIK, the only Spanish dubbed version of the Sakura Wars TV series was dubbed in Colombia by Colombian voice actors. As you can see, his answers are pretty ambiguous, and many of his info is pretty misleading, per example:

1-He listed that Kunikida (from Haruhi) was voiced by Eduardo Fonseca, and Mr. Fonseca only voices tough guys in dubs (like El Rey, from Mucha Lucha), he has NEVER dubbed teens in his whole career

2-Sakomizu, from Sakura Wars Ecole de Paris OVAs, was listed as voiced by Cristina Camargo, and she is a female actress. Besides, her voice is too high-pitched for voice such a manly character like him.

I recommend that the Azumanga Daioh Spanish cast listing is removed until official info is given by some voice actor or another official means.
Mr_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
The spanish cast for Azumanga Daioh is only an ideal cast, It's not being distributed by any distribution company, The rights holder for latin america, i suppose, is ADV Films, because it offers azumanga in in many mass media conventions, including latin america conventions. The ADV license representative in latin america is Xystus, company formed by the founder of Locomotion Channel of latin america, but now, this company changed the executives and merged your inverstment in other genres, such as soap operas. This company actually doesn't distribute anime and is rare a latin spanish dubbing because that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1