• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Liceneing of One Piece

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizard55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I have seen one episode of the anime "one piece" and allready thinks its funny. The rubber guy seems to dress like gilligan Smile i was wondering who will probably license it? i dont believe it has been yet and what channel it will be on.
I think it would fit fine on maybe CN's Toonami or ABCFamily
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:07 pm Reply with quote
From what's been floating around, FUNimation formally owns the rights to it, but somewhat retracted their statements on it. They've actually dubbed a pilot episode, from what I hear, even. Heck, one of their employees at Otakon was dressed up as Luffy!

So they've got it... but something's preventing them from fully, further announcing it.

FUNimation has also made public comments saying their goal is to get every single one of their properties on television. Looking at their past relationship with Cartoon Network, it's not far-fetched to expect "One Piece" to show up on Toonami in the coming years.
wizard55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:12 pm Reply with quote
now that you mention it i did recall reading in "Anime Insider" how funmation might have the rights but pulled back and it was #1 on there series most likely to come here to america.
hellsing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:56 pm Reply with quote
it would problably show on abc family because comedy is usually there Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1