• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces April/May Releases

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
While this is great news and all, WHERE'S MAH GURREN? I can't just ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER in my mind forever... /craziness
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
About time we heard something about Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora/Shattered Angels. I've been waiting for that one. (Also nice to see a date for Magikano Volume 3. I was worried they forgot about that one.)

Looks like ADV's at least trying to get back on track. Unfortunately, still now news on a few titles. Frogs and Mecha are lacking in this announcement.
kakitamike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
All the series I was collecting are back in circulation. Now Best Buy just needs to get the rescheduled releases in and i'll be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
Shattered Angels? I dont know how I like that. I thought they were just going to call it Kyoshiro? Well at least it finally has a date. It will look pretty next to my Kannazuki set!
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
Still no news on their manga releases then. Confused
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote
As nice as it is to see them catching everything up, I agree with Mysticmidnightmaiden... where's Gurren Lagann?

Will it have an extremely delayed release, then 3-4 volumes all on the same day? I'll have to kill ADV if they do that. Or are they gonna announce a street date for the initial release as soon as they are allowed and then proceed with a normal release schedule? Only time will tell...

As for Keroro Gunsou, people, just read the manga. It's no doubt far superior, isn't packed with dozens of episodes of filler, and doesn't have a frog that sounds like a whiny 5-yo kid. Srsly...

PS> Where does ADV get their english titles? How does "Kyoshiro and the Neverending/Eternal Sky" become "Shattered Angels"? That's worse than Funi's tagline for Shuffle... -_-

Last edited by teh*darkness on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BluMeino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
Even those who hate buying anime for the reasons Answerman hates would still buy Gurren Lagann. Good job ADV, you messed up the one reason that will actually give you profit.

[Edited: Language -t]
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Cutey Honey/Kekko Kamen combo=best ever. ADV, forget what other dumbass otaku say about you. I'm still your loyal bitch, while they're probably just torrent-sharing pansies who take moe seriously.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
DAMNIT! i respect ADV, but this is seriously getting on my nerves.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:
While this is great news and all, WHERE'S MAH GURREN? I can't just ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER in my mind forever... /craziness

YEAH! I Need to watch the drill that will pierce heavens!
Serge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
The Retail Price for the DMC DVD 2 + Box is less...
BluMeino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
Serge wrote:
The Retail Price for the DMC DVD 2 + Box is less...

All the prices are MSRP. But hell, even at MSRP, that's too expensive for DVDs.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
About time we heard something about Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora/Shattered Angels. I've been waiting for that one.

I saw an episode of that somewhere. But since I saw it, I've been wanted to see it. Yay...more debt on my credit card! Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hmmm. . . this shows that some of ADV's ongoing titles are going to have nearly 3-month gaps in between their most recent and next volumes, which is abnormal for them. They must have been down on dubbing and processing during February as well as releasing titles.

BluMeino wrote:
Even those who hate buying anime for the reasons Answerman hates would still buy Gurren Lagann. Good job ADV, you fucked up the one reason that will actually give you profit.

I think you overestimate rabid fansub watchers and the "why buy it if I can get it for free" crowd. It also sounds like ADV is doing quite well with Devil May Cry (because of the video game connection), and let's not forget several reports stating that the last supposed sure-fire seller - MoHS - barely made a profit.

If ADV is delaying putting out TTGL, it's not because they "f---ed up," it's because they probably have no choice about it due to some business issue. (Geez, people are making it sound like a couple of months of delay on the first volume is the end of the world or something.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BluMeino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
It is the end of the world. I saw the show 10 months ago, I want my DVD now.

And the rabid fansub watchers and the rest represent quite a few hundred or thousand extra customers than ADV would normally have. You won't see these same customers buying crap normally. Also DVDs are becoming crap now. Oh wow, 480i on DVD for 30 bucks. Now I can get 720p TV rips that look absolutely gorgeous, even if they have some loss and are possibly upscaled. I can only imagine what companies will charge for anime on Blu-Ray. Probably like $60 per blu-ray disc; good luck trying to sell anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4