• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman: Pac-Mania

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote
The American sequel to the Ring will be original, and not based on the Japanese sequels.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Those wacky Koreans! What will they think of next?

They'll do a second remake movie of their giant monster Yongary, who was mediocre to begin with in the 50s (60s?), and really sucked when he was remade in 1999 (I think in America he's called Reptilian...or something...it plays on Sci-Fi Channel from time to time). Razz

Two quick Ring questions: A) Wasn't there a manga? B) There's an American sequel coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Two quick Ring questions: A) Wasn't there a manga? B) There's an American sequel coming out?

Yes and yes.

There were several official manga based off the books. I got to read a couple scanlations of them, and they're pretty good, but if you're not familar with the original Ringu, your brain is going to go on a ride.

The american sequal is going to be original, and not based on anything in the japanese sequals.

The japanese ring movie I believe had 5 movies... or 4, and a tv special.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
BIG OOOPS,

The Answerman that was posted last night was an almost final draft, there were still 2 minor correction to be made and it wasn't supposed to goon the site till Friday. These correction are for the most part items that you mentionned above.

I'm not sure if it was a bug or human (my) error that put it up, but I've taken it back off the site and it will be back tomorrow.

In the mean time, this thread is locked till the appropriate time.

Embarassed

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1