• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who edits Shelf Life?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:58 pm Reply with quote
From the Saiyuki review: "What’s especially notable is that the show verves from its original plot and manages to improve by a quite a few shades."

Verves? Is that veers? "A quite a few shades?" Is this an Italian accent? "It-a improves-a by quite a few-a shades-a!"

I don't blame the writer; we all make slip-ups, myself very much included. But the main reviews all list an editor along with a writer; shouldn't the columns also get an editor to catch these things?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Depends on who's available to edit the piece. Sometimes I do it, usually Chris does it. Miagi does his share of editing from time to time. We just missed that one.

Uh, deal with it, I guess.

-Z
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
That would be me.

I missed that sentence somehow when I was editing SL Sunday Night, thanks for pointing it out, I've fixed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1