• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spider-Man's Stan Lee Interviewed about Ultimo Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gingy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does the green guy on the left of that picture seem to resemble one of Judai's evil heroes from yugioh gx??

Huh I sorta expected something campy from a person who wrote spiderman...this looks better then I expected.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quote
Lee's pretty humble. He's good in Mallrats, too. I also like Takei's take on his image.
MelloHatesNear

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Stan Lee is my hero.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
Gingy wrote:
Is it just me, or does the green guy on the left of that picture seem to resemble one of Judai's evil heroes from yugioh gx??

Huh I sorta expected something campy from a person who wrote spiderman...this looks better then I expected.

I bought the magazine the first day it was out and read Ultimo. My impressions are pretty "meh" so far. The art is really good. However, the first chapter's story seems like pretty standard shounen fare. Two robots, one who is the ultimate good, and one who is the ultimate evil (get it? Yin and Yang, because this is Asian ya know?) battle each other with gloves that can take any shape. I'm waiting for the actual serialization of this series to start before I draw too many conclusions, but as of now there are so many other good titles in Jump SQ (Tista and Shiki mainly, though you can throw in Embalming, Matsuri Special, and Kure-nai) that this one is going to have to do a lot more before it grabs my attention.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1