• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in the UK vs Anime in the US of A

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
step

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:22 am Reply with quote
The sci-fi channel here in the uk shows an anime movie and 3 series each week (shadow skill and Gunbuster where recently on along with blue gender, nadesico, neon genesis continuing series's and best of all they're uncut!) and has a weekly 2 hour show called Saiko-Exciting which is devoted to everything japanese inc
new J-Pop and anime of course and some very funny set peices like sorigami (origami but with people getting paper cuts every week). If you live in the United Kingdom it's a definate watch (it's on Sundays at 12 noon for 2 hours).
I thought that there would be a ton of anime on US tv given how much you get released over there on dvd compared to the UK which mainly sees just movies and not many series.
What anime is currently on tv in the US and what are your fav's? Also what channels show anime? is it channels like carton network or do non-children's channels take it up as well?Just curious as anime seems to be mainly on here in the UK late night (had to stay up till 2am to tape Legend of the 4 kings all those years ago.....). Well......
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:21 am Reply with quote
The Sci Fi channel here doesn't show anime anymore. It used to a long time ago, but not anymore. This site shows all the TV listings for the US and Canada: http://www.animeontv.com/tv.htm

My favorite? I kinda like Digimon and I miss having Sailor Moon on TV. (Even though I was usually at work when it was on.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:32 pm Reply with quote
i like watching inu yasha, g gundam (burning FINGER!!!!), and cowboy bebop especially. we watch just about all the anime that's out there, but those are the ones i especially enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1