• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Grand Rapids, MI Con

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:27 am Reply with quote
Who: JAFAX
What: Small but free anime convention
When: June 26-27, 2004
Where: Grand Valley State University
Cost: FREE

It's a small con, but well worth the drive if you're within an hour or two away. Smile
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I went! It was FUN!!! YAY!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trlman99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I went and got a Hellsing wall scroll and t-shirt. A few recomendations though (even if no ones going to read this).

Mostly the tables and things weren't ergonomically set up. Everyone was always crowded around and as a result it was hard to see what you wanted. They need more space! Spread the stuff out more!

And the guy checking id's at the adult movie place took way too long!
Trident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote
*blinks* Wow... did you go because you saw this, or because you were planning on going anyway? I just graduated from Grand Valley... I tried pimping JAFAX a couple of places but got no replies until now.

This was my third year going, and it definitely expanded. All the booths upstairs were new. Personally, I think that it should be completely moved into the Kirkhof Center (where the cosplay contest and AMV contest were held)--or at least all the booths. I suppose it would be kind of hard, though, considering the fact that the classrooms make the best screening rooms and that Grand Valley probably has campus tours running on those days. However, if they opened up the downstairs food courts, the snack shop and the coffee bar those days, the campus would probably make a fortune...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1