• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Collections from Media Blasters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... how will this Berserk "brick" be different from the "box of war"? I've been excusing myself for not having it because my roomate does, but he's moving out soon. I likley wouldn't get it until Christmas as either a gift or with gift certificates. The $50 price drop is very nice anyway, I jsut wonder what the difference will be.

This is also great news to tell to friends. I know my friend who has the series and another roomate and now I are trying to get other people hooked on Berserk. (We are also getting a cosplay group together. Twisted Evil ) I'm sure a number of people we've been pimping out Berserk to will be happy to hear this.

-Xenos
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Content wise they will be identical, same 6 DVDs.

A "brick" is a single multi-disc DVD case. These thick cases open up the same way a typical clam shell opens, but in addition to the two "covers" they have several "pages." A regular clamshell case can hold up to two DVDs (one on the inside of each cover), but a Brick can hold two additional DVDs for each "page" (one on each side of the page).

Bricks are constructed in two different manners. Smaller bricks have small "pages" that fit entirely inside the covers, (good for up to 4 DVDs total) while larger bricks use the pages as a part of the case's outside walls and spine.

Bricks aren't as attractive as Box Sets, so they're typicly saved for less popular titles or cheaper (and later) re-releases.

hmm, if I can fix that up a bit I can toss it into the lexicon.
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think the Brick cases are more attractive because they are slick/smaller/light weight and have a smooth plastic dvd case instead of a thick bulky cardboard. They take up less room so you can fit them with your other dvds (same exact height of a regular dvd) and they save you a ton of cash vs. buying the box and collecting all 6 dvds. That's why I really like ADVfilms they bring back a year to two year old series and re-release them for an affordable single price.

If you have the patience to wait for a great series than I recommend the brick case. I waited two years for Devil Lady brick case and it's paid off. That's my two cents.. I think more anime distributors would release them as brick cases but they don't make as much profit as their box w/volume 1 case IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Vekou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:52 am Reply with quote
Mmm... Berserk brick set... affordable... just what I've been waiting for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1