• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children at Venice

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
translation coming soon to a torrent near you FFADC *CAM*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lucca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I doubt it. It's an industry convention, so I doubt -any- cameras/filming devices outside a cell-phone will be allowed into the viewing rooms. With a event as big as this, there's going to be tons of security to prevent this stuff.
Don't expect a torrent until the official release. At least it's nice to hear that the movie *should* be finished by then :)

Anyhow, I think it's awesome. :) Anything digital getting a spot is awesome. Because Digital is awesome.
End.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote
i thought it was a dvd release. so what are they planning to run it to theatres now instead?
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:07 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i thought it was a dvd release. so what are they planning to run it to theatres now instead?

Nah, same plans as before, this is just a "special preview" as the article says.

As for fansubing this, forget it, even if it was possible to sneak a cam in there, the chances of a person who would be capable of not only filming it, but getting it online, being in Venice and at the festival are pretty low.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:27 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Nah, same plans as before, this is just a "special preview" as the article says.

As for fansubing this, forget it, even if it was possible to sneak a cam in there, the chances of a person who would be capable of not only filming it, but getting it online, being in Venice and at the festival are pretty low.

Emerje

I remember all the security around Star Wars episode 1 and there still was a cam copy that came out like the day after the first screening. But then agien Star wars is miles ahead of FF fandom. But it wouldnt suprise me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lucca

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:09 am Reply with quote
But from what I remember, Star Wars didn't premeire at a film festival. Unlike normal Hollywood premeires, Film Festivals rarely *unless public* allow people outside the industry into the theaters/events.

Again, the person would have to be 1000x talented to be able to accomplish a rip/bootleg. And I don't know ANYONE who could accomplish such a thing.

Just wait a little longer folks. Patience is a virtue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Hmm, I might just stand corrected, according to www.1up.com :

"Alongside last week's announcement of the movie's screening at the Venice International Film Festival, Wada said that in addition to the already-announced DVD and UMD releases, Advent Children may also make its way to customers through digital downloads or in movie theaters."

I'm sure that initially that would be Japanese only.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1