• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Horror TV Anime 'Another'

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I just knew Sentai would nab this. I'm very much looking forward to this on bluray. Nice pick up guys.
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES

“ANOTHER”

HOUSTON, January 16, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is ghoulishly pleased to announce the acquisition of ANOTHER, the eagerly awaited new anime series that dares to ask the question: What do you do when your classmate’s school locker is a locker in the morgue? Based on the hit novel by Yukito Ayatsuji, the 12 episode series joins the manga, written by Ayatsuji and illustrated by MELANCHOLOY OF HARUHI SUZIMIYA’s Noizi Ito, and the forthcoming live action feature film (due Summer 2012) as part of the latest hit horror franchise to erupt from Japan. Tsutomu Mizushima (BLOOD C, KOBATO, XXXHOLIC) directs from series composition by Ryo Higaki (MORIBITO-GUARDIAN OF THE SPIRIT) while Yuriko Ishii (Persona – Trinity Soul) adapts Ito’s original character designs for animation.

Mei Misaki was cute, athletic and one of the most popular girls in her school. Why should a little thing like death change that? Now, 23 years after Mei’s mysterious demise, a new transfer student discovers that not only is his school’s student body one corpse short of a full roster, but that some secrets never leave high school. And what’s more, all of this may somehow be tied into his own family past. What is the secret and how does it all connect? And even if Kouichi does figure it out, will that knowledge help save him? As the school bells toll a deadly dirge and students begin to die, things that were never properly buried come back to haunt the high school of the damned in ANOTHER!

ANOTHER will soon be available digitally through multiple outlets, with a home video release on DVD and Blu-Ray scheduled for later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:

Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Glad I'll be able to get this on BD. Now Sentai, there's just another P.A. Works title by the name of Hanasaku Iroha to license, if you'd be so kind... Smile
fireaxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Isn't it like, the 4th new series they licensed in a couple of weeks? That's quite impressive, if you ask me. I'm just hoping that they don't overdo it, but if they really do really all those new shows in 12 months or less I guess we have nothing to worry about.

Oh.... and yeah.... since Sailor S just mentioned it, please grab Hanasaku Iroha while your at it. =)

Last edited by fireaxe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Good to know they're not putting their productions on hold because of this whole lawsuit thing. I hope they're able to release all the shows they've licensed...
Volibear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
get the feeling there was some sort of bidding war for this, i find it very hard to believe that this was just forgotten about by companies until now given all the other series that have already been licensed that weren't as hyped as this
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't Sentai dub their Blu-Ray releases?

If so, then YES. This series could possibly get a dub!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Personally rather disappointed in the show after the first two episodes...barely anything has happened. They still barely even mentioned the curse that's in the description. But I have faith in the studio behind the series...they've done me no wrong yet.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
And it turns out that another R1 distribution license is announced for a series that Crunchyroll is streaming outside of North America ~ South America and the Caribbean and Northern Europe, Neither the UK nor Australia, however, so I would not be surprised to hear more license announcements regarding this title in the weeks ahead.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Please dub!! Please dub!!
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Please dub!! Please dub!!
It's getting a Blu-Ray Release, It is dubbed.
Sentai Filmworks only releases Blu-Ray when there is English audio to go with it it, they say sub only releases would not sell enough.
skyreno4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! hurray that Sentai licensed it.., dub or not i will still buy it Also" It looks like All that crunchyroll announced that will be similucast, Mostly Sentai have all the shows... the only one left is "Listen to me Girls im your father" series, might aswell announced it already that Sentai already grab it, im sure funimation is Pissed off right about now ^^

Last edited by skyreno4 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Now Sentai, there's just another P.A. Works title by the name of Hanasaku Iroha to license, if you'd be so kind... :)

I'm not getting my hopes up (I believe the animation studio typically has nothing to do with overseas licensing), but it would be so awesome if Sentai did license Hanasaku Iroha.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
skyreno4 wrote:
Sweet! hurray that Sentai licensed it.., dub or not i will still buy it Also" It looks like All that crunchyroll announced that will be similucast, Mostly Sentai have the series... the only one left is "Listen to me Girls im your father" series, might aswell announced it already that Sentai already grab it, im sure funimation is Pissed off right about now ^^

Did they get anything at all from this season? Seems like they've been extremely quiet so far.

@EmperorBrandon
The studio might be totally uninvolved, but Sentai might be willing to go after all series from a particular studio. Seems to me like they're doing just that with Shaft series, since they do have quite a few of their most recent titles.

Last edited by fireaxe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Cool, now if someone would just license Daily Lives of High School Boys
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3