• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Report: Kazuo Koike and Gen Urobuchi Chat

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Some very good insight on the authors and Madoka Magica (I knew there was a lot of creative freedom on all fronts, but I didn't know even something like Homura's black, Witch-like wings were not in the script. Even so, it further showed how compatible the staff was). I really wish there was a way to watch the whole interview subtitled, as it sounded like a fascinating time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Whats_Ur_Name

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
My god... Gen and Koike together. Heads will roll. I know this because mine just did.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
Aah, so that is the main character design for Magical Girl Mimi Mimitsuki's QED? I was going to just post asking if it was a character design from the upcoming series, but then going back to the original story and hovering my cursor over the image, it says that it is. Huh. For some reason, I'm getting this little Denpa Onna vibe from her... that's probably due to the blue hair and the two thunderbolt I see in the background.

Speaking of Mimi Mimitsuki, who's the artist for this series? Nay, is this going to be a straight-up manga effort, or will it start out as an original anime production? I kinda hope that it's the latter, because manga series nowadays always get lost in the shuffle to me as opposed to anime series, or at least when they first come out in Japan. Whenever I do read a manga nowadays, it either becomes something that I inadvertently give up on due to either waiting for installments (because of either the translators or manga-ka; it usually seems to be the former for lesser known series, though) or is something that I read in my hand that's usually multiple years old. I think the last one I read, one I read this past summer, was relatively recent, actually-- Solanin, which I got from the public library back home-- but still, even then I felt a bit too late to the party on that one. By comparison, anime is much easier for me to stay in the loop about.

Last edited by Animerican14 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote
Well that was an interesting read. Nice to see that even guys in their seventies can be openminded and eager to learn more, even from guys half their age.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1