• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
karin is removed from youtube :(

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamagirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe it! All the Karin episodes Were removed from youtube becaue of copywrite. Does anybody know were i can watch anime online?? its a really good show.
TraptedMind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quote
(I didn't read Teh Rules at all.)
jetz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
TraptedMind wrote:
*URLs Removed* ~Zalis

Are these URLs legal? cause if they're not, you can't give them out here. It's not allowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NessFreaK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
Firstly, I am against watching: streaming or downloading, fansubs. If you want to watch a series before its north American release import the japan releases at least. That way, in my mind, you have obtained the license to the episodes you've bought, and re free to watch all the subs you want. There is so many quality English dubs, that wanting to watch Japanese releases is often just an excuse not to show the dedication. When a top series is released in Japan and the American release seems far off people then tend to somehow see themselves as actually caring about anime, despite the fact they show no dedication, care or regards to the production of that anime and watch it anyhow. Death Note is a current top example of this. Many people watched all of Naruto to date (or stopping at fillers), without buying a single Japanese or North American release, I would hope anyone would see the damage in this. Some may counter this with the poor quality of the dub, but watching the subs initially obligated yourself into purchasing something. If you want a Japanese kendama, Russian alcohol, etc you import it. Anime should be no different. Again: Watching anime, whether be it though downloading or streaming, without any support going to the creators shows that you do not truly care about, like, or respect anime or the industry.

Of course, downloading dubbed anime which has been licensed is more tabu. You cannot truly have the slightest care for something if you show this much disregard and lack of morality, however this Tabu does manage to creep through. This is a much more blatant strike against those who do care for anime.

In conclusion, piracy is piracy, and if one claims to have any care or interst in anime they wouldn't do what they do. As people claim to have financial difficulties, they fail to realize that the cheapest economy boxsets can be gotten for as low as 30$. Whole series' do not have to be purchased at once: singles can be picked up for a bargain at our friends at RightStuf, and even a volume a week would be a start in showing that you do care about anime.

So pick up a DVD, read a Manga, or check your TV listings for some anime love!

Now common, Mods, lock this up
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
iamagirl wrote:
I can't believe it! All the Karin episodes Were removed from youtube becaue of copywrite. Does anybody know were i can watch anime online?? its a really good show.

Karin was liscensed by Geneon. You can pre-order it at Rightstuf.com. Which you should do, if it's 'a really good show'- that way, the people who made can get paid, so they can have money for more good shows.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quote
iamagirl wrote:
Stuff gets removed from YouTube all the time due to copyright, so you can either keep crying about it or buy the DVDs when they start coming out next month. Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1