• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mew Mews MIA

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Preview of Mew Mew? So then Mew Mew won the poll?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Shocked

Last time I checked, F-Zero was winning though I'm getting the feeling they didn't bother using the poll.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

IIRC the results were 44.4% for Mew Mew, 44.2% for One Piece and 11.4% for F-Zero.

That, of course, is after two successive poll crashes/reloads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quote
What I want to know when is it premiring. At least it this weekend. It will probly an epiode after all the members join up, just like they did for Pokemon back 6 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I think that the anime that won the Upick it, is the anime that will take the longest to premier. That's what I think.

Mew Mew won, gets a show on Saturday, then wait longer for more.
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:14 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Emerje wrote:

IIRC the results were 44.4% for Mew Mew, 44.2% for One Piece and 11.4% for F-Zero.

That, of course, is after two successive poll crashes/reloads.

I think 4kids rigged the poll... if it crashed and had to reload... they want to see out reaction to their ill-faded TMM dubbing...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:07 am Reply with quote
Well if the poll's still ranked the same as when Cookie last saw it, then congratulations to Mew Mew. 4Kids really believed in it, and their gamble paid off. Besides, if all they air are series
featuring shonen fights and mecha, then you otaku won't get laid. (And even if you're gay, you still won't get laid.) Anyway,
if you think it's bad when a cigar gets edited for tv, try being into girly anime(Or should I say anime for young ladies, so people don't think I'm a sexist pig like Arnie? ), because fans will tell you that it sucks a lot more. I mean it's bad enough
people with too much testosterone like myself ridicule it, but it's more frustrating when companies like DIC just shove shows like Sailor Moon around at random timeslots, and companies like Nelvana don't even recognize Sakura as the lead of her own show! So fellas, let the chicks(Um, liberated women?) have their fun for once, because they're already paid less than us for the same work, and they deserve breaks.
michelle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Maybe that's why 4Boys *COUGH* 4Kids doesn't seem to want our disposable income as much as the boys' - because it's 1/3 less Twisted Evil
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but F Zero won the poll. It says so in my programming and my cable provider said it too. Crying or Very sad Who voted for it anyway Twisted Evil
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
Sorry, but F Zero won the poll. It says so in my programming and my cable provider said it too. Crying or Very sad Who voted for it anyway Twisted Evil

Ah dammit! Mad

I doubt you have the stats of the polls, right?
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Annie_Jr wrote:

Ah dammit! Mad

I doubt you have the stats of the polls, right?
My cable provider contacted my Fox Network in my town, KASA, they said they were airing F: Zero GP Legend. So sorry, mew mew fans. Crying or Very sad
UltraManiac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Then why not show Mew Mew Power? What was so great about the F-Zero anime anyways since I seen the first 10 episodes of it and it's not that great of an anime compared to One-Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew.

spoiler[The first episode involves Ryu waking up in the future in the year 2201 (150 years later after 2051) to a city once called New York and is now called Mute City. He was supposed to propose to a girl but got into an accident involving an escaped prisoner causing him to go into a long coma.]

I hope they don't show that "dummy" at the end dancing and speaking why the purpose of Ryu racing and about future episodes, like it is in the Japanese version
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
UltraManiac wrote:
Then why not show Mew Mew Power? What was so great about the F-Zero anime anyways since I seen the first 10 episodes of it and it's not that great of an anime compared to One-Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew.

It pimps the F-Zero video game franchise.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:05 am Reply with quote
Apparently, I went to the foxbox site, and watched the Hulk Hogan promo video. It said that they're premering One Piece and F-Zero that week. So therefore, by process of elimination, Tokyo Mew Mew played this week. However, I missed it. Anyone know how it was?

Last edited by Shiki MSHTS on Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
UltraManiac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:40 am Reply with quote
Mew Mew Power never did show but F-Zero did. I don't think Mew Mew Power is ever going to be shown since it was never mentioned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3