Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato 2199 #1 Previewed on TV on April 6




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yamiangie



Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Posts: 410

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
So a Yamato marathon that ends with seeing the first half of the movie that's coming out the next day. Neat but still pissed that you don't have the rest of the series ready for this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Nagabuchi



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
yamiangie wrote:
So a Yamato marathon that ends with seeing the first half of the movie that's coming out the next day. Neat but still pissed that you don't have the rest of the series ready for this year.


Well its an entirely new business model -try to recoup costs via theatrical run and bluray releases first and then go for a TV broadcast later. But the blus come out at the same time as the theatrical screenings so you can always import them.

For what its worth, the wait is well worth it. I saw episode 1 two weeks ago a the official Y2100 Launch Ceremony and for a tv series the quality is pretty darn amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sukochi



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 34
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
The Nagabuchi wrote:
yamiangie wrote:
So a Yamato marathon that ends with seeing the first half of the movie that's coming out the next day. Neat but still pissed that you don't have the rest of the series ready for this year.


Well its an entirely new business model -try to recoup costs via theatrical run and bluray releases first and then go for a TV broadcast later. But the blus come out at the same time as the theatrical screenings so you can always import them.

For what its worth, the wait is well worth it. I saw episode 1 two weeks ago a the official Y2100 Launch Ceremony and for a tv series the quality is pretty darn amazing.



THANK YOU!!! Its good to hear you enjoyed it! I'm currently working on this series, and saw the first 2 eps in advance (the same day you probably saw the first ep)...its gonna blow your mind!! Be ready!! You're gonna love this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Nagabuchi



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
sukochi wrote:

THANK YOU!!! Its good to hear you enjoyed it! I'm currently working on this series, and saw the first 2 eps in advance (the same day you probably saw the first ep)...its gonna blow your mind!! Be ready!! You're gonna love this!


Seriously? Thats awesome! what is your involvement?

FYI, heres a report I wrote on the Launch Ceremony the weekend before last:
http://www.starblazers.com/​html.​php?​page_id=​679
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GhostShell
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1004
Location: Richmond, B.C., Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping it gets picked up for a North American release (BD, with English dub). Would love to see this series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 8447

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Here's hoping it gets picked up for a North American release (BD, with English dub). Would love to see this series.


I'd say the chances of that happening are about the same as LoGH getting picked up. Maybe if we're lucky CR will be streaming it, that's about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 596

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Here's hoping it gets picked up for a North American release (BD, with English dub). Would love to see this series.

Fat chance I'm afraid to say. Anime Industry is struggling over across the pond, they'd would want some high fees if it were imported to the US. If were fortunate, the DVD/Blu-Rays (likely Blu-Rays only) will have english subtitles along with other regional languages.

I wish Voyager Entertainment would be able obtain the rights to the series without editing hell out of them. I like Star Blazers in the day, but thing should move on just bring it over clean/uncut like Yamato was intended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group