Interest Cafe & Bar Characro in Ikebukuro Serves Up Tiger & Bunny Food, Booze, and Interactive Features
posted on 2013-10-21 17:00 EDT by Bamboo Dong
October 31 will see the grand opening of the Cafe & Bar Characro in Ikebukuro, and it looks awesome. Standing for "Character Crossover," this new character-themed cafe and bar tries to combine the real world with fictional worlds, using popular anime and games as inspiration. It will be run by Namco, who also runs the Namjatown indoor theme park in Ikebukuro's Sunshine City shopping complex. The theme of the cafe will change every six months, but it's starting with Tiger & Bunny - The Rising.
The Cafe & Bar Characro will use the Tiger & Bunny Hero's Bar as inspiration, and will screen episodes of "Hero TV" on all its TVs, as well as special premieres. Frequent customers will also be "promoted" within the fictional OBC TV network and gain access to special features, including special menu items. Starting mid-November, customers who order a special menu item will also gain access to a special room with contents that use motion sensors to control a "news ticker 3D project system."
During bar hours, special videos will be shown on the giant screen in the middle of the cafe, on a changing two-week schedule.
Of course, Characro will serve special food and (alcoholic) drink items as well, along with Characro-exclusive merchandise, like coasters and tote bags.
From October 31 to November 13, the cafe and bar will also be celebrating Barnaby Brooks Jr.'s birthday, with the first 2,000 guests receiving a special coaster. The first 300 guests to order Barnaby's birthday cake will also receive a special gift.
Special menu items
- Tiger play equipent omelette rice plate (1300 yen)
- Dragon Kid's chow mein (1200 yen)
- Ben-san's hot dog gift (650 yen)
- HERO girl's gathering? pizza set (1200 yen)
- My Ice maybe be slightly cold (750 yen)
- Origami Cyclone's shuriken pie (650 yen)
Special drink menu
- The Destroyer of Justice (650 yen)
- The Wandering Gravity Prince (650 yen)
- Super Rookie (650 yen) ** All drinks can be served with or without alcohol
Events and activities at the Tiger & Bunny-themed Characro Cafe and Bar
- Original footage - TVs will be airing footage from Tiger & Bunny, alongside special programming provided by "Hero TV."
- Original hero ranking - A new theme will be announced every two weeks, at which point customers will be able to vote for the hero of their choice that best fits the theme. "Voting coins" are received by ordering specific menu items.
- Point card system - Similar to the series, customers will be "employees" of Hero TV's OBC television network. Frequent visitors will be able to move up in the company rankings, unlocking new services.
- Special room - Expected to open in mid-November, this room is available to customers who have ordered the special "Immortal HERO" cake set. The activity uses motion sensors and a 3D system.