News
Starz' Live-Action Noir 'Is Not Moving Forward'

posted on by Egan Loo

Carmi Zlotnik, the Managing Director of the Starz television network, confirmed in an interview published on Thursday that the live-action Noir adaptation "is not moving forward."

Starz CEO Chris Albrecht had said last January that "we just can't get [Noir] creatively to a place where everybody feels good about it. I would never say that there is no chance, but it's a little more frustrating as time goes on."

This proposed adaptation of the Noir television anime was green-lit for the Starz television network in June 2011. Two months later, Albrecht had said that the show would air in summer 2012. The project was put on hold after writer Sean Jablonski replaced Steven Lightfoot, but the entertainment news website Deadline noted that the project had already incurred some production costs, including building sets.

Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, The Evil Dead, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Xena, Priest, Legend of the Seeker), Bob Tapert (The Evil Dead, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Xena, Legend of the Seeker), Joshua Donen, and Bill Hamm were executive producers with the project. Sleeper Cell creators Cyris Voris and Ethan Reiff were rewriting the script by Jablonski. The entertainment trade publication Variety listed Mark Beesley as the director of the planned pilot with a series pick-up.

Deadline reported in December 2012 that Voris and Reiff are working on another project, cable station TNT's series Legends.

Thanks to Jaimie for the news tip

Source: Indiewire


discuss this in the forum (11 posts) |
bookmark/share with: short url

News homepage / archives