Live-Action My Little Monster Film's Teaser Reveals More Cast, April Opening
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Robico's My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) manga began streaming a teaser trailer for the film on Wednesday. The video reveals the film's additional cast and April 27 opening in Japan.
The cast includes:
(Top row, left to right):
- Yūki Furukawa as Yuzan Yoshida, Haru's big brother
- Yūki Yamada as Kenji "Yamaken" Yamaguchi, Haru's old friend and current rival
- Elaiza Ikeda as Asako Natsume, a pretty girl who despises boys
- Minami Hamabe as Chizuru Oshima
- Gaku Sano as Sōhei "Sasayan" Sasahara, Haru and Shizuku's classmate and a baseball team member
- Mokomichi Hayami as Mitsuyoshi "Micchan" Misawa, Haru's cousin
Mizutani is a self-absorbed overachiever, concerned only with maintaining the highest grades in school. Haru is an impulsive short tempered brute, who scares everyone with his explosive bursts of violence.
Haru gets suspended on the first day of school when he encounters some bullies harassing a student and dispatches the bullies with great bloody violence. Mizutani is tasked with delivering school materials to Haru who interprets this as an act of friendship and latches on to Mizutani, much to her dismay. And so begins a strange and potentially combustible relationship!
Robico launched the manga in Kodansha's Dessert magazine in 2008, and ended it in June 2013. Kodansha published 13 compiled book volumes for the manga, and Kodansha Comics published all 13 volumes in English. The manga inspired a television anime series that ran in 2012. Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired in Japan, and NIS America released the series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in North America in June 2015.
Source: Comic Natalie