Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits- Stage Play's Visual Unveiled
posted on 2018-08-17 20:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official Twitter account for the stage play adaptation of writer Midori Yūma and illustrator Laruha's Kakuriyo Yadomeshi (Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-) light novel series revealed a visual for the stage play on Wednesday.
The play's cast includes:
- Hiroki Nakada as Ōdanna (Master)
- Shunya Ōhira as Ginji
- Sōichirō Sorihashi as Akatsuki
- Hotaru Nomoto as Aoi Tsubaki
- Tsubasa Kizu as Byakuya
- Rimo Hasegawa as O-Ryō
- Kanako Hiramatsu as Ōgondōji
- Saki Funaoka as Suzuran
- Masachika Yuasa as Sasuke
- Masashi Yamazaki as Matsuba
- Takahiro Watanabe as Tannosuke
- Nami Nishida as Kasuga
- Kōsei Kimura and Rion Okano as Chibi (double cast)
- Noboru Washio as Shirō Tsubaki
- Tatsuya Ogasawara, Kei Yamaguchi, Junki Shimoda, Kiyotaka Kobayashi, Shione Ikezawa, and Mizuki Yoshida as Ensemble
The play will run at Tokyo's Theatre Sunmall from September 5-9 and Fukuoka's Nishitetsu Hall from September 13-16.
Kaori Moriyama is writing the script and Satoshi Ōgi is directing.
Yūma launched the novel series in Kadokawa's Fujimi L Bunko imprint in 2015, and Kadokawa published the eighth volume on April 13. As of last October, the series has more than 340,000 copies in print.
The series centers on a female college student named Aoi (voiced by Nao Tōyama), who inherited the ability to see spirits from her late grandfather. Aoi prides herself on her cooking. One day she's feeding some agricultural spirits when suddenly a god and the master of the "Tenjin-ya" (Heavenly Inn) appears and takes Aoi away. He says that due to her grandfather's debts, she must become his bride. Aoi hates this idea and instead declares that she will pay back her grandfather's debt by working at the Tenjin-ya.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history