SEGA Heroes Smartphone Puzzle Game Launches
posted on by Karen Ressler
Sega announced the official launch of an iOS and Android puzzle game titled SEGA Heroes on Thursday. Massachusetts-based Demiurge Studios developed the app featuring characters from Sega games. The game has already been available for several months for a soft launch.
The game is launching with 32 playable characters from nine game franchises:
- Sonic, Tails, Amy Rose, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, Cream and Cheese, and Big the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Ax Battler, Death Adder, Gilius Thunderhead, and Tyris Flare from Golden Axe
- Ageha, Hibana, Hotsuma, and Joe Musashi from Shinobi
- Adam Hunter, Blaze Fielding, Axel Stone, and Mr. X from Streets of Rage
- AiAi, Baby, GonGon, and MeeMee from Super Monkey Ball
- Beat, Gum, Captain Onishima, and DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio
- Wren, Rolf, Lassic, and Alis Landale from Phantasy Star
Players can level up characters, create teams of four, and participate in events, quests, a PVP arena, and survival mode. The game is free to play with in-app purchases.
Source: Press Release