Win a Trip to Japan with Pop Japan Travel, Aniplex and ANN
Aniplex of America, Pop Japan Travel and Anime News Network have teamed up to give away 2 guided tours to Japan; the first to viewers of Oreimo and the second to viewers of togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~
Viewers of Oreimo have a chance to win a PJT Tokyo Anime Fair tour to visit the Tokyo Anime Fair, Akihabara, Harajuku, Nakano Broadway, the Ghibli Museum and other anime-centric destinations in Tokyo! In addition, the tour will include some special extras you won't find anywhere else!
The tour runs March 21 - 28, 2011, and includes:
More details about the tour are available here.
Learn how to win by watching Oreimo episode 1 or episode 6 or episode 7. Entry rules are at the end of the video.
Viewers of togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ have a chance to win a PJT Fangirl Paradise 2011 tour to Japan to soak up all the BL, Johnny's, and otaku culture Japan has to offer. Experience Otome Road where all the Japanese yaoi fans gather to purchase their doujinshi, have an opportunity to meet with a yaoi mangaka, and gawk at the waiters at authentic butler cafes.
The tour runs May 11 - 17, 2011, and includes:
More details about the tour are available here.
Learn how to win by watching togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ episode 1 or episode 6. Entry rules are at the end of the video.
- Airfare is covered for winners flying out of the continental United States only. Canadian residents will receive a $500 credit towards airfare from Canada.
- Prize only includes basic tour package, options and extras may be purchased for the prices listed on Pop Japan Travel's website.
- Entries must be in JPEG format.
- Entries must be a maximum of 600 pixels wide and 800 pixels tall (600x800) and 300kb.
- Entries must be uploaded to an online gallery or website, with the url(s) submitted below.
- More than one entry per person is permitted, each entry must be 100% unique.
- Contest winners, or the individuals to whom they transfer the prize, must be 18 years of age or older before embarking on any tour.
- Prizes are transferable.
- Prizes may not be redeemed for cash and have no cash value.
- Entries must be received before 23:59 (11:59 pm) eastern standard time on
2010-12-05 (December 5, 2010)2011-01-02 (January 2, 2011)
Shortly after the contest closes, accepted entries will be posted on ANN and a panel of judges from PJT, Aniplex and ANN will select the winners.
Oreimo Entry Form
togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ Entry Form
- Description of the Contest:The Win a Trip to Japan Contests (the “Contests”) are designed to encourage eligible fans to use their creativity to create their own interpretation of the characters from Oreimo and togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~. Judges will choose the winning entries and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules. Contest Sections: This contest is separated into two “sections” or “portions.” Each portion has different entry guidelines, a different entry form, and a different prize. The first portion is the Oreimo portion. The second portion is the togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ portion.
- Sponsor:The Contest is sponsored by Anime News Network Inc. (“ANN”), a Quebec corporation.
- Binding Agreement: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). The Rules consist of the terms and conditions on this page and the Entry Form and Consent Form (“Contest Materials”). Because you will be bound by these Rules and these Rules will form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and you will not be eligible for the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. You agree that registration for this Contest and/or a submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of the United States and Canada. Internet access is required to register for the Contest. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders, as well as their immediate families, of ANN, Pop Japan Travel, Aniplex of America, their affiliates, and any representatives or agencies of ANN or other persons professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- Contest Period:The Contest ends at and all entries must be received by Entries must be received before 23:59 (11:59 pm) eastern standard time on
2010-12-05 (December 5, 2010)2011-01-02 (January 2, 2011).
- How To Enter: Participants must upload their entries to a website where they can be accessed and viewed by the public. URLs to these entries must be submitted to the appropriate form above. Individuals may enter each or both portions of the contest as many times as they chose, provided each entry is substantially original. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry they do not find to be original.
- Entry Format: Entries must be in jpeg format, must be a maximum of 600 pixels wide and 800 pixels tall (600x800) and 300kb.
- Entry Guidelines: Guidelines for entries can be found in videos posted on AnimeNewsNetwork.com. The guidelines for the Oreimo portion can be viewed at the end of Oreimo episode 1. The guidelines for the togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ portion may be viewed at the end of togainu no chif ~Bloody Curs~ episode 1.
- Conduct: By entering the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, which will also be posted on the Website. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. You further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. ANN reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any ANN property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Entrant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of right or non-compliance with the Rules may result in the immediate elimination of an Entrant from the Contest. ANN further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon any law or otherwise does not comply with these Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROPERTY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ANN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Judging and Selection of Winners: All entries will be judged by a panel of "Jurors" representing Pop Japan Travel, Aniplex of America and ANN based on the following judging criteria: 1) artistic merit, 2) creativity, and 3) whether the submissions adhered to these Rules. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize, then ANN reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant
- Prizes: Each section of this contest has 1 prize. The prize for the Oreimo section is 1 ticket for the Pop Japan Travel 2011 Tokyo Anime Fair Tour. The prize for the togainu no chi ~Bloody Curs~ section is 1 ticket for the Pop Japan Travel 2011 Fangirl Paradise tour. Each prize includes Full hotel accommodations in Tokyo for the duration of the tour, Airfare from the United States to Japan OR a $500 credit for airfare to Japan from Canada provided airfare is purchased from Pop Japan Travels travel agent of choice, Full transportation to/from and entry fees for tour activities, Professional, bilingual tour guides, Customized tour guidebook with maps, descriptions, and Japanese phrases. Prizes do not include optional tour activities which are available separately on Pop Japan Travel's website. Pop Japan Travel reserves the right to cancel either tour. In the event that either tour is cancelled, Pop Japan Travel will offer the winner(s) whose tour is cancelled the ability to chose another tour offered by Pop Japan Travel. Prizes are transferable. Prizes have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED ANN AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY BY YOU SET FORTH HEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED ANN AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES FOR OR IN RESPECT OF WHICH ANN WILL OR MAY BECOME LIABLE BY REASON OF OR RELATED OR INCIDENTAL TO ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU UNDER THESE RULES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RESULTING FROM OR IN RELATION TO ANY BREACH, NON-OBSERVANCE, ACT OR OMISSION WHETHER NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE, PURSUANT TO THESE RULES BY YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO HOLD ANN , ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS HARMLESS FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR USE OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE WON.
- Third Parties: ANN is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, that might prevent you from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Intellectual Property: By registering for the contest and/or submitting an entry you agree explicitly that all components of your artwork or photographs are indeed original creations. You also agree that all entries become the property of ANN regardless of whether or not they are selected as winners.
- Internet: ANN is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. ANN is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Contest materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. ANN is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Contest materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, ANN reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- Severability: If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Winner List: The names of the winners will be posted on the Website within one month of the end of the Contest.
- Entry List: ANN will post all accepted entries on the website within 2 weeks of the end of the Contest.
discuss this in the forum (56 posts) |
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history