• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 8th Naruto Film to Open Next Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote
As much as I do like Naruto, another movie? Really?
We're still waiting for a dubbed release of the second one here.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Murata again? I like his work (going by the TV series, haven't seen his movies yet), but it's about time to give the reins to somebody else. We've had Tensai Okamura, Hirotsugu Kawasaki, Toshiyuki Tsuru, Hajime Kamegaki for two, and now Murata for three straight films. Each of the first 3 directors brought their own sensibilities and sense of design work that made them interesting to watch, even if they're extremely limited with what they could do. Kamegaki's first movie was not remarkable at all, but his second looks to be a bit better.

So yeah, I'd like to see somebody else tackle this material. Maybe Akitoshi Yokoyama (he only directed one episode, but it was pretty excellent), Atsushi Wakabayashi in his natural style (ie, more like Yu Yu Hakusho and his work on Naruto instead of Guin Saga) or give Toshiyuki Tsuru another stab at it.

Of course, I'd like to see these guys work on the TV series instead, but since they have to pump these movies yearly to cash in on the franchise, a new perspective would be appreciated. Maybe a crossover where Noriyuki Abe and Hayato Date direct a film from each other's franchises. Abe kinda got shafted by working on Bleach, I think.... I'm curious as to why he didn't direct Naruto given his past with Pierrot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1