• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gokicha/Cockroach Girls Manga Gets Mobile Phone Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Lolwut? Anthropomorphic anime cockroach-girls seeking friendship?

Thats new, and it actually sounds kinda interesting. I'd be nice if this found an english release (maybe the manga could be released as an e-book or something, and the anime streamed somewhere?)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Man, I feel somewhat conflicted considering I get cockroach infestations where I live and always had to call the exterminator. If I watch this, I will not be able to bear seeing roach-tan get killed! Anime hyper
Tu101uk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I've actually read this doujinshi manga somewhere (and by read, I mean look at the Japanese kanji/hiragana/katakana and not understand a thing XD) and I found it pretty adorable.

It needs moar TV anime nao, methinks... XD
Failachu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Now, where did I put that can of Raid?
Juhachi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Just how exactly would a cell phone anime work? The resolution would be so small that I can't exactly see watching this being very enjoyable. That aside, I'm not surprised to hear someone has moe-fied cockroaches, but I am surprised an anime is being made off of it. Gotta love Japan's vision to make anything and everything we hate too cute for words.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
for a split-second I almost thought this was Naoko Takeuchi's "PQ Angels" manga that got cancelled a long time ago. (since that also had to do about hot girls being cockroaches)

but i guess not Anime hyper oh well.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
Dude, Japan, just stop, just stop. You can't have everyone have moe-moe feeling towards everything. That's dangerous. Just don't. What's next? Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Dude, Japan, just stop, just stop. You can't have everyone have moe-moe feeling towards everything. That's dangerous. Just don't. What's next? Laughing

Cancer-tan and Virus-tan invading the main male character's heart? Surprised
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quote
I summon a Dalek to get rid of this pest!
nechronius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
And here I thought an anthropomorphic squid girl was pushing it. Seriously though, a cockroach??? So the main character eats anything, runs from the light, and can survive a nuclear war?

I too will wait for the cute versions of Ebola-Zaire or lymphoma to hit the airwaves as successful moe anime and then declare it yet another sign of the coming apocalypse as I clutch my AR-15 to my chest. A cute AR-15, painted pink and white with a hello kitty design on it like the one you see on the interwebs.

All tongue-in-cheek, mind you. I am genuinely curious to see what they can do with a cockroach. Squid Girl worked for me, but at least I readily eat squid.
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
O.o I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this series. It sounds weird and cute enough that I may end up liking it.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
I am also curious how a phone anime will work, and, so what if it is a roach, the human is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, so I can see a lot of foot stomping action, especially if she is a flat chested tsundre.

but I am sure I will get a glimpse of it somewhere.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
I am also curious how a phone anime will work, and, so what if it is a roach, the human is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, so I can see a lot of foot stomping action, especially if she is a flat chested tsundre.

Kugimiya's character Chaba is actually another cockroach like Gokicha. (It's the reason why the official English title is "Cockroach Girls," plural.)
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

How about start directing it to the actual creator, not the whole damn country? It makes it as though everyone in Japan is responsible.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I've heard hissing cockroaches make rather nice pets. Though...this is slightly...different...

omegaproxy wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

How about start directing it to the actual creator, not the whole damn country? It makes it as though everyone in Japan is responsible.

Uh, it was meant to be a humorous comment directed at the silly notion of having humanoid cockroaches look for human friends? It's like saying, "America, please stop ordering fast food" or "England, learn to cook." It's not true on a country-wide basis, it's just comedic application of a stereotype. People shouldn't take it seriously because it isn't meant to be serious. Calm down Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2