• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Dream Eater Merry Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!! English dub with Blu-ray release please! + Body pillow!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
i hope they dub it, I'm sick of these guys getting shows i like and doing sub only releases.
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Blu-ray or I don't care anymore.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I'll pass on this one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Dream Eater Merry has been a pleasant surprise for me this season. I didn't have high expectations for it going in, but it has really held up both visually, thematically and story-wise. I'm guessing this will be another Sentai sub-only release and I'm fine with that. BD would be nice, but I can live without it.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
i hope they dub it, I'm sick of these guys getting shows i like and doing sub only releases.

According to a dub voice actress it costs anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 US dollars to do a good dub per episode. Are you going to front the money?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
And I'm sick of hearing whiners like you complain about sub-only releases.

Know how much I'd love a sub-only version of Kaiba, Dennou Coil, or even Minami-ke? There are a lot of great series that end up unlicensed, so if you're a fan of a show (meaning you've already watched it with the Japanese voices), then you should be happy about some company bothering to license the show to begin with.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
It's good to read about a new license announcement from Sentai, it's been a little awhile since we've had any.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
This show just recently started right? So I guess this means they'll simulcast the rest on TAN?
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was a surprise. I had Yumekui Merry totally pegged for a FUNi release over here.

Hope Sentai doesn't end up translating baku as tapir.

@doubleO7: That would be my guess.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully there will be a simulcast, it would actually make me watch the rest of the series. I've put it on hold as of Episode 4.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
YAY!!! English dub with Blu-ray release please! + Body pillow!

Same here, been quite enjoying this show so far. Another hoping for dub + blu-ray release.

everydaygamer wrote:

Agreed, I like my dual language choices and I still think it adds significant value to my purchase that really pushes me over the edge sometimes by knowing I'll be watching a show twice.

Tratious wrote:
Blu-ray or I don't care anymore.

As time passes and most of these shows are being made in HD I'm getting closer and closer to this for bigger shows (especially ones where I think it's a really reasonable expectation), this month's Black Butler which originally was solicited with both or at least a vague allusion to eventually getting a BD is the first title I've begun the unsure waiting game on since I really was hoping for that BD release for those visuals but I don't think I'd double-dip on that show if it were to come later and I'm still struggling back and forth with what to do about Guin Saga since I so desperately wanted it but the BDs been indefinitely delayed all of a sudden after I'd chosen I was getting it on Blu-ray I assume because Japan wants to release it on BD first and they have no idea yet when they actually want to do it so I don't even have a timeframe for how long the wait's going to be which is sad leaving me with mixed feelings about what to do.

For the first time as the majority of shows are now being made with HD in mind it's getting harder to buy the DVDs when there's other shows getting BDs and those are starting to get priority with me if the two shows are anywhere near equal on my wish list.

Good choice of show for Sentai as I'm really enjoying it and the visuals and audio atmosphere are really nice so I hope they'll consider a Blu-ray.
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Score! I'm glad this one got licensed, although it's not one of my top picks for the season.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Know how much I'd love a sub-only version of Kaiba, Dennou Coil, or even Minami-ke? There are a lot of great series that end up unlicensed, so if you're a fan of a show (meaning you've already watched it with the Japanese voices), then you should be happy about some company bothering to license the show to begin with.

I concur, especially in regards to Kaiba getting picked up. Seriously people, stop bitching. Be happy that these companies give us the option of owning a series legally. Perhaps if a certain sub only series sells well then a dub release will come along (like with Clannad).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 pm Reply with quote
well i enjoy watching anime with other people and its hard for a group of people to watch a series when its subtitled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5